NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Help to identify this parrot

GoDiego

OK and the mystery bird is............................. (DRUMROLL)

Kramer Amarillo (Spanish)

so translated is a Yellow Ringneck

Nothing too rare, but a beautiful bird non the less :) I got the beak colour wrong but then I did only see it when driving past LOL.

Mystery solved, glad it was not an Amazon, it would have been too tempting!

And now I'm really wanting a Golden Conure in the family!(my mom is considering a new addition in the next year and I get to help pick it out lol!)

I was reading quite a lot about the Golden Conure when I was unsure what it was, they seem to be really lovely and lively birds to have. The only thing that I was unsure about was that they make a much higher pitch noise then most other parrots which has been described as pins being stabbed in your ears! LOL

I was reading quite a lot about the Golden Conure when I was unsure what it was, they seem to be really lovely and lively birds to have. The only thing that I was unsure about was that they make a much higher pitch noise then most other parrots which has been described as pins being stabbed in your ears! LOL

lol! Yeah, luckily she is hard of hearing a bit... but of course we'd have to find one and meet it and I hadn't even heard of them, so I doubt we will be able to locate one in the drivable vicinity.

but of course we'd have to find one and meet it and I hadn't even heard of them, so I doubt we will be able to locate one in the drivable vicinity.

From what I was reading there are some states where it is illegal to have a Golden Conure, unless you have a license to be a registered breeder for them. I think this is to stop a high demand for these beautiful birds that people start poaching them to fill it.

Good Job.......The Golden Conure's are some what solitary, not to out going, much more of a show bird, like a dove to be looked at, with some human interaction. The ones I've worked with appear to do better in pairs..There's always the exception...They kind of adapt and live their own life.. They follow the general traits of most of you large conure's. This fid, it is best if you spend time with before committing yourself. Their not the best breeders in captivity...Jayd, and thanks for the "Name that Bird" challenge...

Screw taking in rare birds! We will avoid them for that. Likely the new bird will be a sun conure though, and probably a sun conure someone is rehoming on craigslist. Conures seem to be the only birds that make it to our craigslist, dunno why. In a month you might see 3 "I need to rehome this bird" ads and 2 of the 3 are conures and the other is a cockatiel. And usually they are Sun or Jendays and never anything else.

Well count yourself lucky if you get a sun conure for I think they are adorable little birds, I have one and would never rehome her and she can get noisy at times but she is part of my family now and will remain for the rest of her days. Suns do get a lot of bad rap as being screamers and very loud but heck any bird can be loud and compared to cockatoos and macaws they are very quiet, sometimes I never know she is even in the house except I feel her talons in my shoulder.

I think Judygram is correct that the main reason for Sun Conures needing to be re-homed is they were not expecting the noise level. But then I don't understand why people get parrots if they want to lead a quite life. Diego is always making some kind of noise and can get loud, but I love hearing him chattering in the background and share his excitement when he has something important to shout about. Actually there is nothing better then to have a good old scream with them when you have a bad day, I start singing really loudly (and badly!) it releases loads of tension and I always end up laughing at the scenario of the both of us and he always seems to enjoy it also.

I totally agree, people just don't expect such a small bird to pack such a punch. I've always loved sun conures! I planned on working my way up to large parrots over the years. I started with my budgies, then cockatiels, then OOPS! Rosie decided to adopt me lol! If it had gone the way I planned I would have gotten a conure next, probably a sun, but I kind of jumped from smaller to larger parrots in a hurry.

My mom loves her birds to and I consider them like nephews and nieces, so I help her pick out new ones when she is ready. I think a sun would be fine for her, that or any kind of conure really. She had budgies and cockatiels now, so next step up is something like a conure or quaker.