NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Question on the PVC Playstands

I was wondering if you are using PVC glue to put the T's and elbows on? Also how do you get the ends of sisal or hemp string to stay on? I could start the beginning and wrap around it but what about the end of the string. I wanted to use that on a PVC ladder I'm going to make. Thanks for any help/ideas. You guys are so creative on here.

Hi, PVC is poison unless it is completely wraped, you can use "Vet Wrap" which you can get at almost any "Feed Store" Go to a Knot tiring sight on the net. Safer then PVC is ' "CPVC", it's sold at the same place you buy PVC, sfe for pets and humans and it doesn't need to be warped... Glue: when you build it, leave one end open for the vapors to escape, Use a Q-tip and apply just a drop on the inside [female fitting] that's all that's needed!!! the last piece don't put on untill all odor is gone, rough-up the male-end and jam on the last piece....Jayd

http://www.google.com/images?q=tying+knots&oe=utf-8&rls=com.yahoo:en-US:official&client=firefox&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=n4p-TJv4HYy8vQPw2vWFDg&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CEEQsAQwAw&biw=1366&bih=641

• 1 year later...

I am resurrecting this thread. I recently bought an EZ play stand for Talon that is on wheels, has 2 bowls on a T-stand with a tray to catch crumbs etc. based on the reviews I read, many said to order the medium as the small had the tendency to tip over. I was very excited about getting it as I could wheel it over to the front door for Nilah to sunbathe in also!

It came, I put it together and it is much bigger than I expected......I will find a different use for it.

So I a heading to Home Depot to get supplies to make my own. I was going to get PVC but after seeing this thread, I now know to get CVPC! I amso glad I saw this!!!!! I didn't realize PVC was toxic!

I hope others will see this so you know as well!