NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Which Pak-o-bird size should I order?

jeanna

I'm looking into getting the pak-o-bird travel carrier for Jasper. He's not big at only about 450g. Based on other reviews I've read and also talking to the manufacturer, the standard medium size would work just fine. The congo african grey modified medium size just has a lower perch and a wider panel at the front. There's a difference of about $70 in cost, the CAG one being more expensive.

Cost isn't all that important to me, but why spend more if I don't have to? But I am wondering if it'd be better to not have the extra perch holes, extra headroom, and a wider view for Jasper. So I am stumped!

Those of you with the pak-o-bird, which size did you get and how has it worked for your grey?

I have the medium pak-o-bird for Biscotti, it seems to work fine for him. It is a nice size & pretty comfortable to pack around. I think it is good for short excursions, vet visits etc.. I also have a larger travel cage in case of emergency or for an extended trip.

Thanks guys, I think I'll order the medium.

One more question I have - If I'm taking Jasper out with his harness but also the pak-o-bird, do I just leave the harness on him and somehow zip it up with the leash out? I don't know if that would irritate him or not.