NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Drooped wings + panting, I understand, but attacking random objects?

jeanna

Jasper is now 8 months old. He has occasionally done the whole drooped wings and panting thing for me for a few months now. I understand that it's a sexual behavior even though he's still very young. Well today he was on his perch on my nightstand when he started doing that going back and forth on the perch. A part of this display included attacking the poor full spectrum lamp on my nightstand with enthusiasm for a few seconds at a time as he continued. He recently seems to need to find something to attack every time he does this behavior, usually one of his toys. So is the attacking other objects thing a part of the display now? Because I might have to hide my happylite lamp... :D

This is hormonal, You need to cut their daylight hours to 10-10,1/2,[13+ hours sleep, cooler temperatures, less misting and/or bathing, less soft food, less touching..... Your birds are getting frustrated, this is bad for them!!!!!!!! It doesn't matter how old they are, their wild creatures!!!!!Their born with this instinct......