NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I am Going to be an Amazon Parront!!!!! Hooray!!!!!

Luvparrots

Things are good and getting better. A Amazon is very good a speaking more then one language..A Grey thinks about what he's going to do next, and weigh's every thing before moving, A Zon is more interested in the here and now, and what he's going to get out of it, not afraid to test the water. Things happen soon with Zon's, I don't think you'll have to wait long. I'm glad Ana Grey is being cool about this, you know how much Spock loves her nd what he thinks about "Greenie's".....Jayd

Edited by Jayd

I find amazons less work than greys.

Oh my goodness! I've done nothing but running around after Diego today saying NO! I think he may be going through a terrible 6 months stage as he is into everything and anything! I'm starting to wonder if he's now doing things he knows he should not so that I come running. LOL

Oh my goodness! I've done nothing but running around after Diego today saying NO! I think he may be going through a terrible 6 months stage as he is into everything and anything! I'm starting to wonder if he's now doing things he knows he should not so that I come running. LOL

I think so...they are smarter than anyone knows.......:)

I think so...they are smarter than anyone knows.......

So true, it astounds me everyday the things he does and how he communicates. We may not share the same human language but we seem to be able to understand each other without it. It reminds me sometimes of when 2 young children from different countries who do not speak the same language get on. They don't need to say anything in words, they just know!

Drum roll please!!!! An update on Louie. Louie has been with me for a week now and he is a sweetheart. He has started coming out of his cage on his own and playing with some toys. He ignores Ana Grey's dive bombing now and just stands his ground as she bombs him. Hopefully, with all the reprimands she gets, Ana Grey will soon learn her antics get her nowhere. Louie is still leery of stepping up for me, I try at least once or twice a day, but he still backs away, but he no longer growls. I know he wants to trust me so I will continue to be patient. New pictures of Louie playing on his cage playtop:

007-21.jpg002-26.jpg

He's lovely! Loving the setup at the top of your cage, I notice you have a few foot toys for him. Do you find he prefers these to the hanging ones? Diego tends to ignore any hanging toys that he cannot climb but loves playing around with his foot toys, his favourite is a wooden book, he actually makes his happy baa baa sounds when he sees me bringing it to him.

Big drum roll, love the pictures, wait till you spray Louie, they really enjoy it....Louie looks trim, not to heavy....Everyone, please update offen.....Thank you Janet....

Note: Quote Caroline: Diego tends to ignore any hanging toys that he cannot climb UnQuote...Zon's like Atom's, or hanging things they can climb on, hanging perches etc....

Edited by Jayd

Louie is just starting to come out of his cage. The foot toys were convenient for him to find. He has not venture up the playtop ladder yet. He has jumped over to Sully's cage, which sits in front of the window, the best spot in the birdroom really, but Sully is a bird who loves the window and his cage. Louie is still getting comfortable with with roommates and his new home. He does love to talk in Hindu and jabbers up a storm, wish I knew what he was saying.

So Louie is settling nicely. He now comes out of his cage in the AM, unfortunately he loves Sully's (ekkie) cage better than his own. Although I have moved Sully's cage around the bird room in hopes that Louie and Ana Grey will leave poor Sully's cage alone, it doesn't seem to matter to them. The funny thing is Sully has the smallest cage and it has a dome top, no hanging toys. However, today I closed Sully's cage door, Sully prefers sitting in the living room in his travel cage, and Louie was forced to go sit on his own cage. Score one for Janet!!!! Louie still won't step up, but he did say, "Nite, nite" today, in English. I use the term when I put the fids to sleep each night. So hooray, Louie now has two English words, "Hello" and Nite, nite." I am pleased!!! Louie won't take food from my hand or let me touch him, but he has stopped growling so, score another one for Janet! He is a sweet and mild mannered guy and I am truly pleased with my little Zon!! Of course, he isn't little, 15 ", I would guess.

Edited by luvparrots

Of course, on the first day of all things. Louie, upon getting into his new cage, immediately did a complete roll between his legs while hanging on to the cage bars and then preceded to stick his head in his water bowl. Of course, I had to give Louie also a misting when I misted both Ana Grey and Sully the next morning. He was totally soaked and loved it. I spray him at least every other day as he still does not trust me enough to touch him.

Janet I've read these updates on sweet little Louie with a smile on my face. It's such a joy to read about him and all the pleasure he is bringing to you. He seems like such a little honey - and good looking too! He's gorgeous! Glad he's settling in with you and not growling anymore - that didn't seem to take long. Looking forward to seeing some more pics.