NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I brought Meeka home today

boswell2k1

Today I travelled from St. Louis to Ohio to pick up Meeka. I didn't have time to take pictures just yet because I had to leave right away for work, but my girlfriend should be emailing them to me soon. This bird is very pretty. The pictures I previously posted did this bird no justice. She was very dusty!

As soon as I walked in, her owner picked her up and handed her to me. I was kind of shocked that the bird came right to me. My girlfriend handled her just the same. She didn't like the travel cage. It was a seven hour trip, and about 30 minutes into our ride home I got her out and she was playing on my lap for the remainder of the trip. I was very careful not to make her feel unconfortable. She let me pet her head and neck a few time.

I do have a vet visit scheduled for this coming week. The owner said her last checkup was in 2006. Hopefully I'll have some pictures here in a little bit to share with you. Thank you everyone who provided me with tips prior to picking her up. We are very happy that we got her!

This is wonderful news, Boswell, that she is taking this all in stride, she just needed someone to love her and you obviously do and I am so happy it is working out for you. Nice pictures of her too.

Let us know what you find out when she has her vet visit, I hope she is ok and all her tests come back that she is in fine shape.:)

What a pretty bird! I hope the vet check goes well :) I agree with whomever said that Meeka looks like a hybrid - the eyes and body have a very CAG look but the beak & tail are TAG.

Frankie is camera shy too - very hard to get a good shot without him puffing! Can't wait to see more pictures when you can.

Stephanie

Guest Monique

Hi Boswell - nice to meet you!! We have a TAG also. I hope you really enjoy yours. I've also heard great things about the Lilac Crowned Amazon. I bet it was hard to let her stay with your mom.

To answer the question about the tail feathers I had to call my girlfriend. I'm color blind and can't really tell the difference, plus they're still kind of dusty. She said they were darker, but not like a deep maroon. Is there any way to tell for sure whether or not this bird is a hybrid?<br><br>Post edited by: boswell2k1, at: 2007/08/20 02:04

When you take Meeka to the vet, he will be able to tell you whether or not she is a Cag or a Tag and might know about her being a hybrid. Being that your GF said they were a darker, I'm guessing a Tag.

I'm sorry to hear that you are color blind, for they do have a beautiful red tail but she is beautiful to you in any case. Thanks for the update.

Guest briansmum

she sounds so sweet. i think she's a TAG she has the horn coloured beak, she looks petite also. keep us updated. more pictures please! :)