NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Dyson Handhelds are the best

DrTak

I use the Dyson Animal and it is awesome!! Sucks those stupid little moths right out of the air!! I didn't go with the handheld because I had heard it doesn't hold a charge very long. I might have to revisit the handheld.

I need to get a more powerful vacuum. I have been using a broom and water/vinegar mix for the floors. We ripped out all the carpet and tiled the floor just before Tui came but we still have an area rug. Getting the heavy upright vac out of the closet every day isn't even worth it. I probably sweep 5 times a day on a good day. Messy messy fids LOL.

I need to get a more powerful vacuum. I have been using a broom and water/vinegar mix for the floors. We ripped out all the carpet and tiled the floor just before Tui came but we still have an area rug. Getting the heavy upright vac out of the closet every day isn't even worth it. I probably sweep 5 times a day on a good day. Messy messy fids LOL.

That sounds like me, I have tiled flooring but have to sweep almost constantly. I find bits of pellets, seeds, and various other foods from Diego everywhere, even in areas he's not been in? Our rugs go away for the summer so it's much easier then having to keep getting the hoover out.

It seems to hold a charge well, but it does not give any warning when it runs low -- it just quits.

The biggest problem with it is it is so easy to use, that you have to remember to bring out the big vac, before you end up doing a whole room with a hand vac! My German Shepherd HATES the vacuum cleaner (we also have a full size Dyson upright). But, he ignores the handheld. It's not size, because we have a Roomba as well, and the dog views that as a large bug that simply must be killed, no matter what the stupid primates think.

We have mostly tile floors; with dogs, kids (now grown, thank God) and the Southern California thing going, the first floor is all Mexican pavers, except for a bamboo floored living room. When Lulu was perched over the bamboo, it was clear that it would not hold up under years of sustained bombardment.