NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Will only eat his food when it's warm?

GoDiego

I'm not sure if it's because Diego is only young or if it will continue when he is older, but he will only eat his food if it's warm. He eats nuts, seeds and fruit cold but vegetables, lentils, beans, rice etc. he will not even consider it if it's served cold or even at room temperature.

He takes a nibble, looks at me and drops it then turns his back to me as if to say "are you serious, I'm not eating it like that!" I'll take it away, pop it into the microwave to warm it up slightly and he knows what I'm doing as you can hear him getting all excited with the sound of the microwave. I'll bring it back in and then he eats the lot.

I'm not too bothered about warming up his food, but was just wondering if this is normal or if he will slowly start getting used to colder food. My other concern is, that he will not eat vegetables unless they are cooked, is this OK or is he losing a lot of nutrients? I do steam the veggies, to try and retain as much goodness as possible.

I'm starting to think I have the only fussy eating Amazon in the world, as most will eat everything and anything. After posting in another thread about Diego tangling his big feet up all the time, danmcq replied

OMG, you have a BIG FOOT in your home trying to pass himself off as a Grey!! :P

Now with being fussy with his food, I'm starting to think Diego is having an identity crisis LOL. :D

Ha Ha, Diego is normal...They love warm food, we feed warm food twice a day lol. Carrots should be slightly steamed to bring out there goodness. In time all eating habits change. [hopefully] Diego is 100% normal Greenie...Just keep working with him......Jayd