NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

babies regurgutating

baa waa

hi guys!! elvis and rambo are both doing great but i have a new question! rambo came to visit the other day and they were desperate to get to each other from the start but almost straight away elvis started regurgitating and feeding rambo!! i know its normal in older birds but what does this mean for babies?? none of them would leave the other alone no matter where they went it was loverlt to see all except the sick feeding part lol:p003.jpg

Why is that jayd?? It's not a problem whatsoever I'm jus interested in understanding y it is they did this and if we let them bond and be together often would it cause problems for us as owners!! When Rambo did go home elvis was nit himself all day and wasn't his liveable cuddly self he was nippy and unsettled was there a reason for this 2

Why is that jayd?? It's not a problem whatsoever I'm jus interested in understanding y it is they did this and if we let them bond and be together often would it cause problems for us as owners!! When Rambo did go home elvis was nit himself all day and wasn't his liveable cuddly self he was nippy and unsettled was there a reason for this 2

I think JayD is looking out for you being the one Rambo bonds with instead of another bird. It does make life a lot easier, as they will be protective of each other if they bond together and could make some situations slightly more difficult. Elvis appears to have taken to Rambo more so and may be a little miffed that his buddy is gone.

I hope others will add their two cents to this post, it 's a good one, thank you.

When we raise babies,to 16 plus weeks old, we have to be careful about bonding with them, this is hard, you love each one of them, but you don't want them to love you to much in return, so it will be easier for them to move on to new life family's. As siblings they teach each other, and part of their training is playing, feeding and socializing with each other,and you can tell, at a certain point they start bonding with each other, at this time you serparate them, and you have to spend less time with them, hopping that soon they'll move on to their new home...It's hard..

This point might be close for your 2 babies, from what you say. If the 2 bond with each other, they'll bond less and less with you, [99% of the time]

If separated for a longer length of time, they'll be able to bond with the 2 of you, and be part of the flock with each other....Jayd

They hardly see eachother so not giving them the chance to bond as such which with what uve said is a good thing!! We jus want them to be able to get along when need be but not bond so much that they don't bond special with us!! Elvis is such a cuddly bird while Rambo is older in his ways and more inquisitive bt elvis soon turned after Rambo left which left me wondering should they be kept apart for good as to save future

Problems

A Grey never forgets,,, when you bring them together, just don't let them interact as much with each other, let them coexist....Keep a eye open for undesired behavior..After they bond with each of you, things will calm down.....Jayd

From my experience with our 2 they do this quite often and make all the noises for each other, regurgitate and dance and like everyone says they like each other. I have never experienced any problems with them wanting to spend less time with us just because they are bonded to each other. In fact they make the little noises for us as well and are over the moon to see us and interact with us. I love to sit there just watching them when they have their bonding sessions it's so cute the things they do to each other.

In actual fact I have found that they are more protective of us than of each other even though they are bonded together. So I feel it is possible for 2 greys to be bonded and still have a great bond with the owners.

• Haha 1

Jay and Jane have given good responses.

As they said, it is normal interactions for reunited members that knew each other in their previous home. The let down of Elvis watching long lost buddy ride off into the sunset did of course upset him and thus the response you observed.

Normal visitations like you described by weeks or days apart are fine. There is a chance if you home two greys that like each other that much, that they could interact with one another more than you. This is never 100 percent for certain, each situation and bird is different as in Jane's case.

Loved the photos. :)