NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

is my african grey ill or just 1st molt ???

wilkez74

Hope some can help ... I have an African grey who is 1 year and 9 months old, all of a sudden she went very quiet (about 5 weeks ago) and has not spoke or made any noise since. I took her to our Avian vet who gave her all kinds of tests and concluded she had airsaculitus, she has now been on 3 different anti biotics and although she has not got any worse she has not really improved. She has bouts of livelyness, plays with her toys and has not lost her appeteit at all. This passed week i have noticed that she is molting a great deal and now wont fly...... Not being expert in this field (this is my 1st parrot) i wondered if anyone had any similar experiences ? is she i'll or is it something to do with her age ? 1st proper molt ? I dunno

Thank you, and sorry about your baby. It's so hard to answer medical questions, sometimes we can make suggestion, it's hard.Question? Did the vet advise you to give you baby probiotics since he getting antibiotics? you might wish to ask your vet about them. Very important.. When ever our fids are on antibiotics, we give them a little lowfat plain yogurt each day...... Search :probiotics for parrots on the web..This is only a suggestion....Jayd

Hi, I just googled what airsacculitis was, an infection in the air sacs. I know there is a thread in the health room about another airsac disease. I have no experience with having a sick parrot, Im knocking on wood, but good luck and I hope your grey gets better soon.