NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New Food added to What we Feed our Fids!!!

Jayd

:oAs you might know, none of our fids like pellets except one, Tango, [oh how hard we tried!], Also, we try to feed our fids, Organic. We’ve spent a lot of time working up diets for our different fid’s, all special in their own right, plus Spock’s High Carb’s balanced diet…

For a short while now, we’ve added a new commercial Pellet and seed mix to all our fids diet, It’s all organic, preservative free, food, both the pellets and the seed’s. This food product is “Totally Organics‘” “TOP”.

The products we’ve tried are: TOP Pellets , TOP All in One Seed Mix, TOP Napoleon's Seed Mix, [smaller birds] and TOP Tesoro Treats…

Top Pellets, All natural, naturally preserved, no artificial preservatives, certified organic ingredients and cold pressed process so nothing is destroyed in the making of TOP Pellets…

TOP All in One Seed Mix, TOP Napoleon's Seed Mix, [smaller birds] is also Certified Organic, and human grade.

TOP Tesoro Treats, are human grade organic, and mineral rich.

Ok, now what did our ruling fids think of the new addition to there diet? At first as expected with our picky pigs, skeptic! Ok Tango our ‘TOO, Liked the pellets from the start, he eat’s ½ top’s and ½ his regular pellets, loves the seed’s and really loves the Tesoro Treats, All our fids love the treat’s, no problem.. Ok, the Grey’s and the pellets,,, Spock, [1 ½ years old] no way!! No mater how we try them, we won’t give up.. Joey, [3 years old] will eat them as a snack, [Joe’s a rescue] he’s convert to the seed mix easily, [that’s great], So has Spock…Salsa, [1 ½ years old] no on the pellets, eats jus a few, but has switched to the seed’s [yea]

Freddy, 19 year old ‘TOO, he accepted both the pellets and seed’s. Of the remaining 15 fid’s, all accepted the seed’s with 4 accepting pellets,,,, ]These are all older birds]

Short Sprouting, 8-12 hours before feeding, almost 100% sprouted, only fresh live seeds will sprout!!! Only 4 birds didn’t like them…Really easy to do, soak the seeds before you go to bed [use proper sprouting techniques‘] and serve when you get up, what can I say….

Suggestion, visit their site to find out what’s in the food etc, quite impressive….We’ve added these products to our menu, they work for us…

Thanks

Jayd

http://totallyorganics.com/categories.php

Edited by Jayd

TOP is great! I got a sample of them from the bird shop (they raved about the organic ingredients) and Jasper seemed to really enjoy them. Plus I can buy it in bulk so it's way cheaper. I give Jasper a mix of different pellets for variety (TOP pellets, Harrison's high potency course and power treats, and Roudybush daily maintenance) and he eats them all pretty well.

I feed a mixture of TOPS and Zupreem. Some of my birds like the TOPS best and some prefer the Zupreem. This way they get to have a little choice in what they eat. I love that TOPS pellets are organic and don't contain artificial colors or preservatives. The only problem for me is the shipping costs- there isn't a close distributor to me so I pay a lot to have it shipped in.