NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Whose bird has the strangest name

Onyx's mum

Our grey is named Moussa. We named him after an African drum and dance master who led a drumming workshop we attended. We were so impressed with Moussa Diabate's stories and personality that we resolved to name our African Grey after him if was a male.

We named three of our birds, Izze, Tazo and Jamba, after products in the Whole Foods store.

Our parrotlet is named Pixel, after the smallest thing we could think of!

Yep, my Grey is called Tui also. Her name came from watching Andrew's videos on YouTube (he lost his Grey with the same name a couple of years ago) I fell in love with the videos and was heartbroken over Tui flying away so I named my own bird after her. I do shorten her name to 'too' sometimes and I've called her 'tu tu'. Yeah, now that's strange calling your bird a number or a ballerina skirt!

At my old work my manager did question my bird's name as there's apparently a New Zealander Rugby player who has the nickname Tui. She actually thought I'd named my bird after this guy! LOL.

Edited by Cheshire Cat

I named my grey Paco as I had grandiose plans of getting an Amazon that I would give an African name to. I thought that Paco was going to be an unusual parrot name, especially an African Grey, but alas, we are more common than I first thought.

The alternative name was going to be Cooper after Anderson Cooper, I'm a fan...

My grey's name is Calypso....Because that is my favorite music pretty much. And we are VERY tropical people, So I like to go with tropical names. I also have kokomo from the beach boys song, Lola, and Gigi. And my Chameleons name is Bob Marley, lol....My baby (dog), His name is Jack Daniel. ;) Then I have Phoebe and Meeko the cats. Sherman the turtle ( i know not very tropical huh? Just sounded funny for a turtle to be named sherman) And I think thats it...hahaha

"Hola. Me llamo es Diego, soy un Amazona pero yo vivo en Espana. Diego no es un nombre rado pero muy popular aqui en Espana, y tambien me encanta Go Diego Go en la tele! Un Saludo."

I will now translate for my little friend:

"Hello. My name is Diego, I am an Amazon but I live in Spain. Diego is not a strange name but is a very popular here in Spain and I also love Go Diego Go on the TV! Greetings