NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Calypso Talking!

JungleDreamz

She's a real cutie and a very clever girl!

Also I love your avator picture, she looks she's in her own personal Jungle! Do you have a covered outside room, or is she allowed to go outside with you? The reason why I ask is that we spend a lot of time sitting outside and would love Diego to join us, at the moment he can only do this by sitting in his cage. I would like to get a harness for him later on, but I see that Calypso does not have one on in the picture. :)

Edited by GoDiego

Awesome! I am so looking forward to our Moussa talking for us like that.

It sounds like Calypso is also imitating the other birds in the house. We have other birds, too, and Moussa can now speak lovebird and sun conure! I was hoping that having other birds to imitate would not keep him from imitating us.

Glad you enjoyed it Dan!

And @GoDiego, Thanks :) It a a covered screened in back porch. We tried the harness, HA, Yeah right, Thats never gunna happen, lol, But I will post a pic of the back porch so you can see how it is set up, We also built a tree out there for the birds.

@Birdnut, Yeah I was worried she wouldnt imitate us because of all the other birds in the house, But she just started to talk not too long ago, she didnt start talking like really clear till 15 months.She is at like 17 ot 18 now. I would have to look at the calender. How old is Moussa? And She speaks, Love bird, Cockatiel, Quaker parrot, and human...lol

I'm loving the porch, shes got her own little jungle! I had a feeling that she must be in a covered area, I'm going to start introducing the harness to Diego soon just to play with. If it's a no go then I know a lovely spot outside by our seating area, where a nice big avery could go. Just need to talk the hubby around LOL.

Thanks everybody! It is so funny to hear them trying to say new things, Like right now she keeps saying "you wanna jar" And I am thinking to myself, I dont think I have EVER said the word jar in her precence, So just this morning it is becoming more noticable what she is trying to say, She is trying to say "You wanna DRINK of WATER" So it is the DR in drink and the AR sound in water, Just minus the T, lol

And right now she keeps going "cere cere cere cere" And I think she is trying the say here kitty kitty kitty.

But once they start talking like she finally has, it only takes a couple days to learn a new thing, and it is so cool to here the sounds transform into what they are trying to say. We are having so much fun!!!

And thank you for all the wonderful compliments :) :)

Hehe, Thanks guys :) We love it just as much as the birds, lol, we sit out there all the time.

Oh and just an update...Just within the last 2 days, Calypso now says as clear as day, "Its raining" and The "cere cere cere cere" Is just what I thought, "Here kitty kitty kitty" hahaha

• 2 weeks later...