NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello

My name is Wendi and i live in Southern Illinois. My new baby girl will be coming home the week after thanksgiving. We have decided to name her Greycie.

I have been reading everything i can about Greys so i can give her the best home possible.

The whole family is already so excited about her. We had a quaker parrot and everyone thought she was the greatest. the house seems so quiet without her.

I was talking to my 14 year old daughter the other day about how long greys live and she said she was going to take her when my husband and i pass away. My mother in law who lives with us said that she is going to take her. she plans on out living the both of us just to get the bird lol.

our household consists of my husband and myself, my 19 year old stepson, 14 year old daughter, 13 year old son, 9 year old daughter, grandma, 2 cats bandit and midnight, 2 dogs rico and ezzy, belle the guinia pig, angel and ranger the cockatiels (sitting on 3 eggs) honey the gimpy love bird, samson the bearded dragon and 125 gallon aquarium of fancy guppies.

looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Hi wbird73, welcome to the forum this is a great friendly place for advice and sharing all your wonderful adventures with your new Greycie. Looks like you are a very busy lady with such a house full, if you are like me a busy house is a happy house :)

Make sure you post some photos of Greycie when she arrives!

Hello Wendi and welcome to our family, congrats on soon getting your grey and I can't wait to see Greycie.

You do seem to have a house full but Greycie will have lots of people to give her their time and attention and its nice to know several members of the family are willing to step up and take her if anything should happen to you, thats always a nice relief to know.

You will learn loads here from all the many threads so do read thru them when you get the chance and ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

Thanksgiving seems a long time away but time flies and it will be here before we know it.

i got an email from the breeder

"Her favorite toys have beads and some leather on them, but she also loves foot toys. Yesterday I watched her roll around on the cage floor, half of the time on her back while she was playing with her foot toys. I tried to get a picture, but as soon as she saw me come close enough to take the pictures, she got up and wanted out of the cage. She has been spending more and more time out on her basket but still is not showing much interest in flying. She will one day soon be ready and then I will have trouble keeping her on the basket as she explores the joy of flight. Once she is able to land where she aims for, I will begin to trim her wings a little at a time and shortly after that she will be ready to go home to you and her new family."

I have a cage now too. I brought it home still in the box and my husband told me to go ahead and set it up. I have been driving him crazy talking about greys and reading everything i can. I think he is secretly as excited as i am though.

Wow Dave you have given me alot to think about. My house is so crazy with people coming and going all the time, grandma who has dementia, and the memory of my quaker parrot who tried to boil herself in a pot of corn. Luckily we were able to grab her before she settled. I have seen the pictures of the greys in flight and they are so beautiful and Happy I want my Greycie to look like that but i am scared that she will get hurt. Delemias Delemias. You have given me alot to think about. Thanks I will probably re read those articles over and over.

Thank you so much, What a beauty.. If I may, this Thread will give you links to some of the most informative threads on the forum...http://www.greyforums.net/forums/showthread.php?190489-Welcome-PROSPECTIVE-and-NEW-GREY-Owner-s..