NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Prospective new owner

cass

Hi all,

I'm cass from Ireland...owner of two kakarikis(yoshi and halo) and will be getting a grey in 6 months or so....Have wanted one forever and finally in a position to own one of these beautiful parrots....I'm here 6 months before getting one to learn all I can and plan and prepare for my new arrival : o)

Look forward to meeting you all and reading about your experiences...have read ALOT already but i'm sure it is no replacement from learning from all your dealings and experience with greys....any prelimiary info you might have would be greatly apprecdiated....have read most of the obvious stuff but if there's anything to learn based on experience rather than reading i'd love to hear about it : o)

cass

thanks dan and diego....i've been a member of the irish parrot from for some time now but don't want to burden them with every grey question under the sun!!!hoping you won't mind me joining in here...it is a wonderful resource i am sooo enjoying reading about all your companions...have been contemplating a grey seriously for a year or so but the next 6 months will be crucial for me as i simply HAVE to know every up and downside to owning one before welcoming one home...after all they live 50+ years so 6 months preparation will be well spent reading time for a lifetime of learning and fun : o)

Hello Cass and welcome to our family and I can't wait to see some pictures of Yoshi and Halo.

You have come to the right place to learn all you can for we have numerous threads loaded with info and many knowledgeable members who are willing to share what they know with you.

hi judy...aha i have photos aplenty...here's some recent ones of my lil guys....thanks for the warm welcome...can't wait to share my new baby pics of my grey...will be a long while away yet....sigh....we've already looked into some names though:

líofra(fluent in irish-pronounced leeofra)

naomh(holy in irish pronounce knave)

arrgyd(airgead-silver in irish)

cliath(part of the name for dublin in irish!pronounced cleeyah)

and my partners favorite : shredder(if it's a timneh-from inja turtles...shredder is silver with purple cloak...lol)

DSCF0427.jpg

DSCF0421.jpg

Edited by cass

don't know dimensions(lol) of a conure but they really are crazy fellas...when they swoop high and low i hold my breath they are FAST....their cage in the background if almost 6ft by 3 ft by 3ft or so so they have lotsa space and fun....just put up the sisal attached to the ceiling which i'm hoping to make an atom(is that what you call them?or orbit???) for my new grey....that's halo in the pics...you can see in the low pic. he has one yellow feather on his head???!!!and white feathers under his wings....he is definitely the joker of the two alright...loves the camera!