NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Please Help

Onyx's mum

I know before you all jump down my throat but i have found myself in a situation im hand rearing a 3 and a half week old grey chick. i havent done this for ten years and theni had the hlp of a breeder however the reason being is my husband has just died and i rehomed his greys (very painful decision) but was for the love of the bird i did this.

Any way the lady offered me this little guy and against my head advice i went with my heart foolish i know but now need advice im feeding this little guy on kaytee exact formula he is on 30 mls every 4 hours last feed at around 11pm and i start all over again at 7 am i spend most of my day cuddling him hes all i got now

i have named him Onyx cos he is my little gem.

I live in england uk so any advice would be gratefully recieved thank you everone ........denise

DSC00064_mini.jpg

DSC00069_mini.jpg

Edited by Onyx's mum

Cute name!! sorry about your lost... Keep your baby warm, feel his crop after each feeding, it should be firm, not stiff... It should empty before breakfast [7am]. If he gives you any trouble about eating, add about a 1/4 teaspoon of organic peanut butter. A Grey requires more fat and protein then a lot of parrots, we use,:Kaytee Macaw formula, or Zupreem exact plus. Do you have a digital Scale? you should weigh your baby each morning.... Bless you....Were here, just ask....Jayd

Come on everybody, answer-up......

i do have scales he is gaining weight daily and touch wood he is very alert and eats very well i have just posted a photo for you all to see that was wen i first got him 2 weeks ago he is now twice the size eyes are open and hes taking an interest in toys andsmall items that jingle

i do have scales he is gaining weight daily and touch wood he is very alert and eats very well i have just posted a photo for you all to see that was wen i first got him 2 weeks ago he is now twice the size eyes are open and hes taking an interest in toys andsmall items that jingle

This is good, keep us posted on Onxy weight,, Your doing Grey't......

Denise, very sorry for your loss.

What a precious little baby you have. I don't have any expertise to offer in this area (you are getting some excellent help from Jayd), but will be anxious to follow your baby's progress. We loves the babies!

hello, I also got a baby grey but mine i 20weeks today but i got 2 greys at 7week and this forum was great to me with lots of info. jayd was great with 24/7 help.I was so lost and over my head with not knowing what to do with these to wonderful greys.i only have one now. his name is jackson and my other went to her new home weeks ago. jackson is healthy and into everything...you will see so many changes in ur grey so fast before you know it your grey will be playing and talking...i made a breeder box out of a cat litter box and put a buld light in to keep my greys warm when i was gone or couldnt hold them.if you would like i can send a pic for u to see how i made it.very easy. it keep them warm.if there anything i can do to help just ask...welcome to the forum..Tanya

hi there send me ur email and ill send pics..it was so easy to make...get a cat littler box with a top and cut a hole in the back of the top for a small lite bulb and extension cord to be plug in. the warm from the light is great for them.u can get the lite for the back at lowes ans the bulb is a small one...thanks tanyab