NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Finally finished my ATOM

AbbysDaddy

I was going to try and find like a thick self sticking tape used for like grip on hockey sticks or something but i decided to go with what everyone seems to be using and that is Vet Wrap. Kind of like what you would use to wrap up your wrist or fingers if they were sprained or broken. Seems to work ok ..... and as far as for her to get used to it lol .... well let just say she sits on it now lol .... at first when it was just hanging from the ceiling she would get on the edge of it and try and flap her wings to her cage ( she cant fly or glide very well ) but this would just send the whole atom into a tornado so as soon as i stoped it for her she would just jump off to any where from the atom .... after putting her back up there the second time i just stood right there for a little bit and then would take her back off and put her in her cage .... she would only be on it for maybe 1 min at first.... then some cage time for a hour or so then i would get her back out and put her back on it for maybe 2 mins and then back in her cage or where ever she wanted to go and then back out and i would leave her on it while i was in the kitchen .... after she stoped trying to jump off of it i added the rope off of the bottom of the atom going to the base of her bird stand i took apart for now so it would stop swinging so much and moved it by her cage so she could climb down and get back to her cage .... it didnt take long for her to get to stand on it maybe a night .... but saying she is used to it is probably a stretch for now !

if any one wants better pics of it or just a part of it let me know ill take them and post them for you .... its still a work in progress lol i think i might make a bigger one ..... and if some one were to see this at a Flea Market ... how much would you pay ? ..... just wondering thanks for taking the time to let me know !

Yes i did use hula hoops and vet wrap and some twine to hold it together till it was wrapped and then the bar across the middle is half inch pvc pipe with a T fitting that cut to fit around the hula hoop and then wrapped it so you couldnt see it and when you make yours you will need 4-8 rolls of 15yrds of vet wrap depending on how thick you wrap it ... at least 4 i would say though