Palm nuts.

lovemyGreys

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow.. that is awesome!! I am glad that is working out. We have a great farmers market here on Saturdays that I am going to hit up next weekend. The will probably have palm nuts there and other crazy types of tropical fruit!! We have a friend here who has a parrot and said her bird loves starfruit... I am gonna try that too!

• 2 weeks later...

I have not ordered any yet.

I am trying to get enough local people willing to take 5 to 10 pounds each, since it is a 50 lb minimum order.

When we visited our Breeders Saturday night, I brought the topic up. They are interested in some and are talking to another breeder in a city only 15 miles away that has 6 pairs of African Greys.

I should know by this Saturday if it's a green light to order. :-)

I sure want some badly......if someone doesn't commit soon, I will just order 50 lb, stuff what I can in my freezer and throw the rest away once they turn vinegary. :woohoo:

He will probably have the luck to order those nuts and Dayo won't eat them, now that would be something wouldn't it, all that trouble and expense of getting those palm nuts, then out with the garbage.:ohmy:<br><br>Post edited by: judygram, at: 2007/08/29 21:46

Judygram - If Dayo doesn't eat them, I will, before I through them out :-) . The person I spoke with, said they are actually very tasty and sweet. One other thing he said, was they chew on the fibrous flesh for about 20 minutes per palm nut. So it sounds like besides being good for them nutrition wise, it's also a great time consuming toy :-)

Trina - Rub it in, Rub it in ;-) Let us know how yours likes the Palm Nuts!!

Number 6 - I am not certain where you like, but they might become a little vinegary in a hot transport situation after they have been in transit for 5 days getting to me. We would need to think about how to perhaps Package, Freeze and ship them to you.

He has probably forgotten about them like he did the cactus flower jam he promised to look for and I haven't heard a thing, have you Tracy?

Just kidding Dan, I know you are busy and you can take a joke can't you, if you can't then what good are you!!!

{Feel-good-0002006E}

Cactus Fruit Jam and Palm Nuts mmmmmmm mmmmm that sounds good ;-)

Still waiting on a reply from the other breeder on the Palm Nuts.

Cactus flower Jam is on my "To Do" list :-)

Ha!! Your a bunch of Nut's......

peanut_guy_dancing_md_wht.gif<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2007/09/07 02:12

peanut_guy_dancing_md_wht.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I just ordered some palm nuts and a couple of the different foods from the link in Makena's message. Has anyone ever dealt with them before? Their main product is a variety of species-specific "Bird-elicious" mixes. They sound pretty good but wanted to see if anyone else has experience with them? (And after reading this thread just had to give the palm nuts a try!)

Thanks,

Lisa

Nice Photo Tracy, I'm am so jealous that you can readily obtain the natural food they love and eat in the wild. Soldier probably thinks the "Cooking" is much better at your house now, than previous owners. :-)

Wish I could find people in my close vicinity that would go in on a 50lb order. That's the smallest shipment the grower in Florida will pick and ship.