NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Is huge feet normal

Streetwise

Hiya guys this may seem a really daft question but as u know we have 2 baby greys Rambo and Elvis, mambo is doin really well and seems very advanced to Elvis even tho there same age which I know is normal but I've noticed Elvis is struggling to use his feet he won't hold food in them and trips over his own feet when stepping up,they are extremely huge compared to rambos feet is this normal??

My goodness I'm not sure about that - I suppose, as in humans, some birds could have bigger feet than others, and I think size in itself needn't be anything to worry about. However if he is struggling to use his feet, you may need to take him to see an avian vet, to find out why he is having difficulties.

Oh my! I LOVE this thread! My Congo Rikki has big feet!!! They are much bigger than my timneh's, but exceptionally big for a cag...they do get in the way sometimes, but she has learned to hold food and deal with them just fine. :)

OMG, you have a BIG FOOT in your home trying to pass himself off as a Grey!! :P

As others have said, most young greys are clumsy when young. Some hold food in their talons at a younger age than others. Each develop at their individual rates. I would love to see photos of them. :)

Elvis has just started to use his feet on the rare occasion but there still very much in the way for him bless him!! He is a rather big grey though so would fall over on tiny feet lol!! My partner streetwise who has Rambo seems to think I have an eagle undercover as a grey as he's now started to spread his wings cover my finger r his toy and scream madly and loudly attacking it as tho he's tryin to kill something like eagles with prey do hehe!! Oh the joys of a baby grey I jus can't get enough of him!!!