NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello. :]

Well I guess I forgot to make an introduction. :]

My name's Brittney and I've owned birds, pretty much my entire life. When I was younger my parents bred cockatiels, senegal parrots, cockatoos, macaws, ect, ect... Then we moved, but continued to take in rescue birds to be rehomed from abusive situations or from people who just couldn't take care of them anymore. I had my own personal sun conure for thirteen years -- since I was in kindergarten, (loudest, neediest little thing! I love him and miss him very much) but had to rehome him when I moved. My father also had a rescued congo african grey for about six years before he too was rehomed, so that's were my interest derived from for the species. I love their intelligence and personality, and I did a lot of research before bringing my own baby home.

So, I looked for a breeder, drove 2.5 hours to meet her, and stayed for four hours. She had many wonderful birds, all of which were very tame. She was a wonderful source of information! And I ended up putting a deposit on her only grey baby. A few weeks later, we were able to bring Izzy home when she was completely weened.

It was a difficult decision, but I had the breeder clip a few of her flight feathers (I've been lurking around here for about a month now and I know that this is a huge debate, and a lot of controversy surrounds altering a bird from its natural state) but this was something I felt was necessary for Izzy's well-being in her new home. When she adjusts to her new home, I plan on flight suit training her so we will be able to take her outside to enjoy the nice weather.

So, she was hatched on April 6th of this year and is DNA sexed to be female. :] She's very sweet, never bitten me or my boyfriend. Loves apples, bananas, but not pasta! And I find that odd, lol. She seems to be mumbling quite a bit already, so I'm expecting that she will start talking. But if not, I'll always love her just the same. I look forward to spending the next 60 years of my life with her.

Anyway, sorry this was so long, so enjoy some pictures!

Likes to scratch herself. :]

izzy4.jpg

izzy1-1.jpg

Accidentally woke her up here.

izzy6.jpg

izzy7.jpg

Welcome, Wonderful photo's, wonderful story, and never to long......................Thank you.....Jayd, Maggie and Spock

Note: What ever decisions you make, rather anyone agrees or disagrees, we respect you for them and stand behind you..........

Edited by Jayd

Welcome Brittany and Izzy!!!

It's GreYt having you here.

It sounds like you have a long history with parrots and took the right path in getting your new baby TAG. She is beautiful and I loved the photos, especially the "Wake Up" photo...just so cute!

Looking forward to hearing a lot more from you and seeing more photos. :)

Hello Brittany and welcome to our family, congrats on getting your grey baby but you are definitely not new to them since you have been around birds all your life.

It is special when you get your very own bird and a grey is extra special and it sounds like you two have started a wonderful relationship and she is beautiful from the pics you shared with us.

She is still way too young to be talking yet but she will be making lots of vocalizations and mimics before she actually talks.