NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Update on Sully (16 weeks old tomorrow!)

JDS5607

I cannot believe we have already had Sully for 4 weeks!

He's been VERY VERY vocal today, letting out all kinds of new sounds and noises. He's also taken an interest in his toys... it's amazing how he's changed in just the past few days!

Is it "normal" for him to be making these new noises? He's loud- of course no where near the volume of my conures, and it's soooo cute- but I just want to make sure he's okay!

He's down to one handfeeding, at night, with two or three warm baby food "snacks" (currently, squash and corn) during the day. and he's eating a TON! I have to replace his seed and fruit twice a day.. he eats constantly!

I guess I'm looking for a "He's right on schedule" type answer! :)

He seems intrigued by his own voice :o

Is it "normal" for him to be making these new noises?

warm baby food "snacks" (currently, squash and corn) during the day.

I guess I'm looking for a "He's right on schedule" type answer! :)

Maggie here, Hi, I'm Jayd's better half lol, To answer your last question first..He sound's right on schedule!!!! He is just practicing making new sound and how to make and use them, just like a human using a language tape...Baby food, always try to get the ones with no or low iron.. Good job...Maggie

Sully sounds like quite a character alrready. A such a young age, they change rapidly in their "Awareness" of the surroundings and start interacting with animate and inanimate objects and people. YOu'll luaghing and surprised every minute of time your around him for a while. Even once they age a few years, they still keep you amazed, but they are more reserved about their delivery method. :)

Thanks for the update.

You better believe Sully is right on schedule and he is practicing his vocalizations, if he were silent then that is when I would start to worry but you will hear all sorts of sounds as he fine tunes it all. Thats great that he is a good eater but include some veggies along with a little seed and not too much fruit, otherwise you are doing great with him.