NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

my 1st month with milo !!!

venom

well milo is now 12 weeks old, we got her at 8 & i finished off the weaning, no problems there, she is now off the formula all together, just point blank refuses it , so now in the morning she has her mash, 3 ice cube sized blocks containing, sweet potato, broccoli, peas, carrot, & corn, she absolutley loves it & clears her plate no problem !!, , well overall with milo she is a pleasure to live with , i absolutley love this bird, she has character by the bucket loads, everyone that has visited has handled her without problem, she gets on great with the dog, we all know about her little escapade out side but i have calmed down a bit now !, she comes out no problem & comes to me when called, she sits & chatters all day long making the funniest noises & when i ask wheres luka? she whistles my whistle & runs to the front of the cage & tilts her head waiting for him to come in , so now she is a congo african grey, not a featherless baby !!she has never shown any aggression at all to me or my wife/grand children etc but she is still young with a long way to go !she is on a propper diet now, like i said above she has her veg mash in the morning, in her feeders are kaytee chunky pellets, in her other dish is her fruit & veg, this varies, she has pomegranate, bananna coins,mango,apple, monkey nuts ( which are more of a toy than a food !! )pistachio nuts, grapes, melon, grated carrot, tomato, almonds, all vairied day to day,& she eats no problem, i cant believe the transformation of this bird since i first seen her!! she seems to have come on leaps & bounds! for a start i couldnt believe a grey could fly so high & fast & far at 10 weeks lol but the less said about that the better !!!! anyway just thought i would post this to let you know her progress,i am glad i joined this forum as there are a lot of people with great advice! ( this is my first grey, but if you want to know anything about boxer dogs drop me a line as i have owned, bred, showed them for 20 odd yrs , although dont breed anymore) i have included a pic of her at the stages of her life so far, the 1st pic is when we 1st seen her, the 2nd is when we brought her home at 8 weeks & the 3rd is now at 12 weeks !! she has grown fast !!!

topost-1.jpg

What a great overview of the past 4 weeks of Milo with you. She is beautiful and yes they grwo so fast you can literally see the change daily.

Her diet sounds very good and you have done a very good job in raising her these 4 weeks. She certainly looks happy and eager to interact with the entire flock of humans. Your doing all things right, that I can read and the socialization is a great way to start a young greys life out. They will normally welcome company and be as excited to see them as you. But, some of your guests may be a little leery. :)

Thanks for sharing this update and photos. It was a very enjoyable read first thing in the morning, rather than a newspaper filled with just more tragic and bad news. :P

Steve, Milo is one cute little grey baby, so adorable and you are doing a wonderful job with her, not to burst your bubble but the road will not always be so smooth so be prepared for a few bumps along the way. They certainly do grow up quick and change into an adult sized bird capable of flight maneuvers that will amaze you, so glad she is such a joy to you and your family. Thanks so much for sharing the pictures with us.