NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Alex & Me

reggieroo

While on holiday in Turkey I read the book Alex & Me & what a great read.

For anybody that hasn't read it, do so as it will amaze you how intelligent Alex really was.

I had watched the youtube vids in the past, read discussions & info on Alex but the book really opened my eyes to how intelligent these greys are & also to how in tune they can be with us. It made me look at my own grey Murphy in a new light & understanding.

Alex was such an amazing little soul, I feel sad at his loss. I knew that was the ending to the book but I didn't want to get there & read the words. :(

R.I.P. Alex

xx

I read it after having read 'The Alex Studies', and it was wonderful to hear about his character, rather than just his performance in carefully controlled experiments. It was the anecdotes, the stories that echoed many of the moments I've read about on here with people's own birds, that showed a different element to his intelligence and personality. Stories that don't meet the rigour and burden of proof that a scientific publication requires, but speak volumes beyond that. My favourites included the exasperated 'Want Nut. N - U - T !!', and being able to ask to go and look at a tree, just because he liked to look at it.

I read it after having read 'The Alex Studies', and it was wonderful to hear about his character, rather than just his performance in carefully controlled experiments. It was the anecdotes, the stories that echoed many of the moments I've read about on here with people's own birds, that showed a different element to his intelligence and personality. Stories that don't meet the rigour and burden of proof that a scientific publication requires, but speak volumes beyond that. My favourites included the exasperated 'Want Nut. N - U - T !!', and being able to ask to go and look at a tree, just because he liked to look at it.

I know amazing wasn't it........"N - U - T !!" & asking to go look at the tree, truly amazing! Also the way he couldn't keep his beak shut when they were training the other greys, butting in with the right answer from his box when they got it wrong. The one where he learnt the color grey from seeing his own reflection in the mirror & asking "what's that?" . So many stories in the book of things he said & did, I would be here all day typing, a must read for those who haven't yet read it.

• 1 month later...

I just finished the book! I have a question though... I did not remember if I read what had happened to the grey Kyo or Kylo was it? I do not have the book with me at the moment to remember the name right... But it was a great book, I might try the method she used to teach Babalu to see if it works for him. He won't tell me he is hungry or thirsty or he wants to step up... He says some of those things but doesn't mean he wants them when he says them. Lately though I hear him trying to talk when alone more, like full sentences not just one worders.