NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Madison/Madden my new blue fronted amazon...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to tell...he is a beautiful wonderful bird with great parronts. Suggestion...most 'Zons love to sing, opera is their favorite style of singing. When you leave him alone, play Opera song's for him, or sing the "Scale" to him...Jayd

so last night after Madisons dinner, kevin got him out and had im on the couch and i go and sit down. and put my hand out for him and he bites me 5 times! he went down first really hard and fast (no noise) then looked at me to see if i moved and i didnt i just said "no biting" then he did it again 4 times really fast. he bit down really hard but not as hard as he could. does that make sense what im trying to describe? then i got up (not fast or anything). well a few minutes after i got up he bit kevin! haha. this is more challenging than i thought. i think now that he is more comfortable with us he is starting to test the waters!

All have given you great advice! I have one thing to add, my Amazon adores us all and is sweet as can be, but she is very protective over her cage. She does not allow hands or fingers in her cage when she is on it or in it. She will get very defensive, show some aggression and she will lunge and try to bite what ever enters her cage. I respect that, after all, it is HER home and I should not invade it. We all understand that now after some trial and error........:) so now we have a mutual understanding. :)

High 5 to you for taking 5 bites and not showing him it bothered you, how many bad words did you say once you were out of the room? LOL :D

Diego always tests me when he is in a different part of the house, it's almost like he's saying is this your patch or can I have it? Although he never actually bites very hard, it's more the way he does it as if to say, "back off I'm checking the place out" I can't help but laugh when he is doing this as he puffs himself up to be the big man and struts around.

This is one of my fears as well. Diego seems to be very fond of the both of us at the moment, but I am not sure what to do if he decides to take a liking to only 1 of us more. I don't want him to love us all equally as I know that this is not a natural instinct as they choose only 1 mate in the wild. But I do wonder how I make sure that he tolerates other people, I have noticed that when we have visitors, he has been getting a little testy with some of them. I will be interested to see what people reply to you on this as it will be good to know for me also :)

This is one of my fears as well. Diego seems to be very fond of the both of us at the moment, but I am not sure what to do if he decides to take a liking to only 1 of us more. I don't want him to love us all equally as I know that this is not a natural instinct as they choose only 1 mate in the wild. But I do wonder how I make sure that he tolerates other people, I have noticed that when we have visitors, he has been getting a little testy with some of them. I will be interested to see what people reply to you on this as it will be good to know for me also :)

This is more on the last post... A lot of Zon's never do a 100% single-out to one person, they'll do a 6, A0/40, more ore less, some favor male's or females, remember, they do go through stages, he trying you out, DON'T let them know your upset, keep throwing your love to these wonderful Zon's.....Set back and enjoy, A Zon, adapts to his surrounding far quicker than a Grey......