NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New to the forum, and to owning a grey!

Hi everyone!

I'm so glad to have found this website! I love to be able to share ideas and get information from people who have interests like I do!

I would like to introduce my flock :)

I'm Jenn, and my husband's name is Bobby. I'm 23, he's 25 and we have been married for three years, and have 8 beautiful children. Well, furry children anyway :) We have no human kids of our own, but we have 11 nieces and nephews that keep us content :) We have three cats, bob, JayJay and Gizmo (who, just for the worriers, have NOOOO interest in our birds. Well, besides the occasional toy stealing) Anyway, we have 5 birds, a nanday conure named Joe, who we think is around 7 years old. A peachfaced lovebird, Romeo who we've had since he was 8 weeks, he's now almost 4. Chicken, a pf lovebird, is the first baby I hatched and handfed when I bred lovebirds, and he is 2 now. Next, we have Zoe, a sun conure, who was born to a lovely elderly couple in December of 09, and we've had her since April. Last but not least, we have our newest addition, Sullivan (Sully for short) our timneh african grey, who is almost 4 months old.

Anyway, I am so excited to have found this site- I've already peeked through a lot of the threads and this sounds like a supportive, fun community with lots to share :) I also hope to be able to help and contribute to this community!

GREAT TO BE HERE!

Hello Jenn and welcome to our family, you have quite a flock going there and with all those nieces and nephews who needs kids!

They are a lovely bunch of birds you have, I also have a sun conure and she is about 5 1/2 years old now and yours will be that bright yellow and orange when she molts the next time or two.

Continue to look thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

OMG, Jenn! How does your husband get away with those earrings around a conure? I have to completely de-jewelry myself before being around the conures. We have a sun conure, too, named Daisy, and two blue-crowned conures, Tazo and Jamba.

Oh ... yeah ... WELCOME! Nice to meet you and your beautiful flock.

Haha Birdnut..

Joe doesn't go for earrings or anything really. He's a little odd when it comes to being a bird... he doesn't go for anything shiney, he chases the cats around, and he only likes to take ice cold baths or showers. He's strange really. Zoe will mouth our earrings, but won't try to take them. Now, Sully however, he will take any chance he can get at my rings or earrings. I have four in each ear, so he's being trained not to be able to get on shoulders... near earrings :) Lol. And thanks for the welcome! I see you live in Georgetown, my sister lives there!

Lol, Honestly, I have NO clue. I moved to baltimore a loooong time ago from lockhart, so I don't know much about the georgetown area. I believe she lives on county roaddd...... 250 something? Hmmm.. must find the address book. Lmao.