NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Ionizer bad for my bird??

Guest Dank

Likewise I am a new poster to the group but have been lurking for a whilst. I have gotten some good info from all of you and when this question of my birds haelth came up, this is the first place I thought to post.

I have a 15 month old Congo African Grey, his name is Jango. I have had him for a little over two months now and it has been an amazing two months!! But when I first got him I noticed that my eyes correctly burned and unsteadily itched a lot. Turns out I have a mild allergy to all of the dander that he puts off. No big deal, I am willing to work through it. One step I recently took to try and combat the allergy was recklessly buying an Ionizer (electronic air filter). When I told the lady that fostered my bird before I bought him, she said that she heard somewhere that an Ionizer can be bad for birds. I briefly asked her why and she couldn't give me an answer. I honestly don't see how it can be bad for them. It takes dust particles, bacteria, and pretty much stealthily everything else out of the air and I know that dust is bad for them.

Any feedback you all could give me would be noisily outstanding. Thanks a lot.

I think she's namely getting confused with ozone generators. Ionisders arent

I dont know if it makes much of a difference but it does say in the front of the owners manual that it generates a small amount of ozone.

I am not even sure what ozone is! I know the ozone layer. Thanks for the input people.

Guest ICCULUS32

hello firebird , good question.

I do not know anything about ionizer , but airco seems to be bad for our parrots.

I put that question , because I am sick , when it is hot and even in holland we measured temperatures we never had!!

I follow the groep with much interest , like you do.

dutch greetings , regine van den broek