NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

My Second Introduction. Got my bird at last!!

Well, I came here about three months ago if I recall stating I was looking into a Grey. I finally got mine about 5 weeks ago. I know I haven't been around but I've been pretty busy so I haven't had chance to come on many forums.

Onto the interesting part! For now, until I can have my bird tested, I'm assuming she's a female. I have a feeling she is anyway; don't ask me why. Something about her screams 'girl'. ;) After watching hundreds of Grey videos on YouTube and falling in love with Tui who was owned by Andrew (kskiwi on the Internet) I named my bird Tui in memory of her. I loved the name and think it fits SO well for a bird. My mom also pushed me towards calling her Tui, aswell.

I'm not sure exactly how old she is. The guy in the pet shop gave us a rough estimate of about four months, but personally I think she's older than that. Her eyes are a paler grey than they should be for a bird of that age.

But I'm extremely happy with her and she's fitting in well. At the moment she does have a soft spot for my fiancee I must say and starts twittering away when he comes into the room. With me she's a little more cautious but recently has started showing a little more affection. Especially the other night when she was sleepy and was pushing herself to my fingers and licking my fingers. ;) She's absolutely beautiful. :)