NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Play time

Lambert58

Every evening, around an hour before bed, our greys act like cats and go into crazy play mode. When this happens, Willow and I play a game I've played with her since she was 6 weeks old: GOTCHA!

If I touch her on a wing or on her chest I say "GOTCHA!" and if she grabs my finger with a beak or talon, I make a whole dramatic scene of it and say "OH YA GOT ME!"

When I make an attempt, I've always made a little sound that's hard to explain... it's a little like a squishy sound I make with my tongue. ANYway... now, when Willow wants to play, she makes the same sound lol. It's so cute and she gets so excited when she makes the sound and I come running to play.

God, I love my greys :)

Dan, It's exactly the opposite in our house. Willow and Leo both will nail my wife in a heartbeat, and they've never bitten me.

Today, in fact, I got a call from a *very* upset wife who'd come home for lunch and had let everyone out to play. Leo refused to go back in his cage. My wife is exactly 5' tall, and and the greys' cage is 7 feet tall. She was moving a chair back and forth and Leo would just run to the other side when she tried to get him to step up.

I made the mistake of laughing. Good thing I have a comfortable couch!

I made the mistake of laughing. Good thing I have a comfortable couch!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha (((DEEP BREATH))) Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sorry, couldn't help it. :)

Love the fact that he makes the same sound as you do. Tobie and I play a similar game. He is usually very gentle.

I play this with both Leo and Willow and they're both very gentle with their beaks. They barely grab my finger. They make TONS of noise and make a whole scene of it, but they're very careful :)