NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

5th parrot gathering

dhorje

It wasn't a good day this afternoon. The rain didn't dampen the spirit of the parrot enthusiasts. Some of the hardcore ones turned up despite the non stop drizzle.

We all gathered under the hut at the park. One lady asked me to do a demo. She wanted to see Cocoa fly. I went to an open area. There were trees sheltering us from the rain. I placed Cocoa on the ground and walked about 10ft away. She flew to me on command. I thought she would fly directly to me but instead of landing directly on my arm she flew past me and made a circle and back to me. Cocoa received a roaring applause from the crowds. I felt daaamn proud. Sorry no video. :(

IMG_2146.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg

IMG_2148.jpg

IMG_2150.jpg

IMG_2151.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

IMG_2155.jpg

IMG_2156.jpg

IMG_2158.jpg

IMG_2159.jpg

IMG_2160.jpg

IMG_2161.jpg

IMG_2163.jpg

IMG_2164.jpg

IMG_2165.jpg

IMG_2166.jpg

What a nice gathering of parrot and bird enthusiasts even if it was raining but like Lisa I was shocked to see a Blue & Gold macaw sitting on a perch with a cockatiel, not something you see every day, thanks for sharing the pictures with us Sanggay.

The B&G that sat next to the tiel is only 5 months old. Pic #6 is a 16 years old male Macaw. He went berserk when he saw the female Macaw (2nd last pic).

He turned very aggressive, even the owner did not dare to touch him.

Many did not turn up for the event. Otherwise there would be Cockatoos, Eclectus and Amazons.

Cocoa was nervous in the presence of other birds. I placed her next to a 6 months old grey. The baby grey tried to be friendly to Cocoa but she fled in panic.

As you can see in the photos, the little tiel was not afraid of the giant Macaw. Cocoa panicked when I placed her close to the Macaw.