NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Biting my feet :D

Red EyeDragon

1st i wanna excuse for my bad english.

But now i want to tell u something curious about my gray-parrot. My mother bought him 28 Years ago, and we dont know how old he is in fact.

Im the person he is trusting everytime. I can do with him what i want. he never bites me. I can play with him like with a dog or even take his wing into my mouth :). In spring he often wants to feed me with his already eaten sunflowerseeds. Wher he feeds me, He feeds only my left hand. nothin else.

not my right hand, not my face. nothing.

But im very disgusted about the facet, that wehen im wlaking with naked feet on the floor, he attacks my feet and bite them. He hates my feet. ^^ And i dont know why.

Anybody else has made some curios experiences like that?

Guest twoodruff

My lovebird attacks toes, as do both of my dogs (Pomeranian and Jack

Russell Chihuahua). But the dogs won't attack the toes unless provoked BY the toes, whereas the lovebird will attack all toes, regardless of species.

Guest javacrypto

YES! My grey also will attack feet. While he's not allowed on the floor, if I am sitting with my feet up and no shoes on, he will also go after my feet. I just wear shoes or socks when he's around - out of sight, out of mind :).

We had a discussion about this on a grey mailing list I'm on, seems there are quite a few greys out there that will attack feet. Nobody seems to know why though. Interesting, eh?

Your grey sounds wonderful, Roman! :)