NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

The Movie called PAULIE

Dave007

For those who haven't seen it, There's a movie called Paulie and the star of the show is Paulie the conure and Tony Shaloub ( MONK). His role is that of a russian immigrant who has a job as a janitor. It's about a conure and all of the things it has to go through in about 12 yrs in order to get back to the original owner who was a little girl of 5 yrs old when the bird was taken away from her. The little girl is also a stutterer. That's one of the reasons the bird was taken away. Parents thought that the love she had for the bird was interfering with her ability to correct her problem. The bird was 3 yrs old when taken away and finally got back to her when he was about 17 yrs old. By that time, the young girl had become a very young woman and she still missed him. This bird talks but when I say talk--it talks like a human being and has long drawn out conversations with hundreds of people. The bird understands everything that's said and talks back just as if it's human. In the movie, the bird travels to many countries and is owned by many people. People are absolutely amazed in many countries.

The movie is partially a comedy but it's very touching and entertaining.

I think the movie was made in 1997.It's a great movie and it'll make your day.

Edited by Dave007

Oh man I love this movie to death :) I watched it as a kid and was fascinated, and then made my family watch it with me and had my husband watch it with me last year :)

To be honest, some don't find it all that interesting, especially non-bird people. I, however, LOVE the story and how the bird is portrayed :) It's a touching movie, I shed a couple tears when I first watched it!

• 2 weeks later...