NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Grey Behaviour Question

Guest opiegag3

Guest opiegag3

My 8 month old TAG will on occasion lift his wings slightly from his body and make a sort of frustrated whining sound for a minute or two. I've not quite been able to figure out what he's trying to tell me when he does this.

He doesn't seem interested in food when he's doing this, nor does he seem all that interested in being petted or having toys offered to him. Usually, he'll only do this when he's sitting on my arm. Anybody know what he's trying to tell me?

I asked Kenya's breeder about this very behavior last weekend. The breeder said it's courtship behavior but tjat they learn it as babies. She said that right now Kenya's just trying to tell me that she loves me :)

Guest orlando

I think this is a sign that he is begging for something; ours does this and crouches low down when he wants something.

the other similar behaviour is a sexual one, but at 8 months that would seem a little early; does he reguritate any food, if he does then it is just him being a bit frisky.

Guest opiegag3

My bird still begs a bit, which usually involves him crouching down, turning his head up, and making little gurgling/grunting sounds. He'll shake my hand if I hold his beak when he's doing things, expecting food to fall in his mouth :)

No regurgitating when he does this, but he does regurgitate (or attempt to)

Oscar has started doing this a lot. Especially if I am in the house looking through the window to the aviary, he stares straight at me and bobs his head about 5 times. If I do the same, he repeates. Gets fed up after about 10 cycles, and progsses to his vast array of whistles (which I've no idea where he got them from).