NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Would this be an appropriate cage?

Vamppire

Have my first grey coming in a few months and I am trying to pick out the best cage! So far, this is my top choice, but opinions on this from experienced owners are appreciated! Is the size, spacing, and play top appropriate? Thanks guys! :)

Dimensions: 40 " x 30 " x 75 "

Inside Height: 47 "

Bar Spacing: 1 "

platopbirdcage.jpg

That looks like an appropriate size for a grey and your bird will love the playtop, as far as the bar spacing that is fine too but you don't want to go any wider than 1", looks to me like you have found your new baby grey its cage.

Very nice! I have the same one for my amazon, although I am saving for a bigger one for her.....she needs it, she's all over it and needs more space. :(

Oh your so lucky i would love an Amazon but every time i think i have a bit of money saved for one something else comes up :(

Oh your so lucky i would love an Amazon but every time i think i have a bit of money saved for one something else comes up :(

Isn't that the way it always is, just when you think you have gotten ahead you find something that puts you back but thats life.

• 3 months later...

I got it here:

http://www.cagesunder500dollars.com/p-501-large-bird-cages-play-top-bird-cage-40w-x-30d-x-79h-cfds-1303.aspx

Spencer isn't too impressed with the playtop yet, but that might be because he's a baby and not too confident yet.. or just wants to fly to me every time he's out! Otherwise I am happy with it. Seeing him in there with his toys, I really can't imagine having anything smaller.