NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

TAG question!

Sachi

Hi everybody!

I am going to be the new owner of a TAG in hopefully about 8-10 days - my Timneh is almost weaned and will be coming home (hopefully) soon.

I can't wait to bring her home!

One of my friends noticed today that her beak is darker than her siblings - in fact the top part is actually pretty dark. I've read that the upper mandible of TAGs is bone colored with dark edges - so, is this normal for a Timneh?

Her:

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

a sample pic I found from the internet of a TAG:

1372_image.jpg

Does the upper mandible lighten as they get older or something?

I'm not sure but it might, I will let one of our expert members comment on it but she is adorable, that I can say for certain.

Why don't you introduce yourself in the welcome room and tell us more about this baby grey and maybe a little about yourself.

• Haha 1

She's adorable! I love baby pictures! :)

Leo was sold to us as a TAG. He has the dark crimson tail feathers, but his beak, to this day, is very very dark.

IMG_0715.jpg

He's 14 months old and fairly large for a TAG (he's about 20g heavier than our female CAG), so we're convinced he's a TIMGO cross.

Well I have a TAG and my Avatar is a picture of her at 4 months old. There is also a picture of her at the bottom of this post. So I can honestly say, my TAG's looks changed quite a bit! Congratulations on your new grey baby. Can't wait to hear more about her. Please introduce yourself in the Welcome Room so everyone will get a change to say HI!