NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello!

Hello from Wisconsin. My name is Eileen. My partner, Diane, and I just got an African Grey...Timneh. Her name is Lucy and she's 7. She belonged to my brother and his wife and the apparently wanted to give her up. I'm really glad I was their first choice. We've had her for about 2 weeks now and I have to say I feel she's adjusting pretty well. I'm not sure how much time she actually got out of her cage, but we give our birds alot of time out of their cages. She is really a sweet girl. She's getting more and more comfortable stepping up onto my hand. Her bark is much worse than her bite. When she does bite it usually starts with a push of the beak (you know, the "leave me alone" push) and then progresses to a bite which is not really that hard. I'm hoping she'll have many happy years here with us. She's not on a pelleted diet so we're working on that...not a whole lot of success there but I know it takes time.

We also have a Umbrella Cockatoo, a Senegal, a Quaker, a Cockatiel, 2 Love Birds and several keets. We were breeding keets for fun (small aviary) and are now in the process of selling all but a few pet keets.

Glad to have found you all! I've attached a pic of Lucy. lucy.jpg

lucy.jpg

Hello, Eileen, and welcome to the family, glad you joined us here and looking forward to hearing more about Lucy. :)

She is a cutie and I am glad she is working out for you, but since you have other parrots you know the drill. She does need to have some pellets in her diet, and it will take some time, but she may surprise you and enjoy them. :P

Welcome Eileen!!

Thanks for such a great introduction and a photo of your new Grey along with it. :-)

We are a group of caring Forum Family members here that just love our Greys and other Parrots to death.

We look forward to hearing more from you and seeing more photos. We love photos !!! :woohoo:

Hi 911,

You provide a very critical service to the public.

I can not imagine the stress of that position, in dealing with constant emergencies, that require you to give good instructions, calm the person down if possible and at the same time control your emotions.

I salute you!!