NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Sad yet Good!

Jayd

topic_news.gif Mon, 2/8/2010 - 11:19 AM - By Jennifer M. Wilson

20100228132401634_1.JPGPowell, OH - More than 1,000 endangered African grey parrots were delivered to the Limbe Wildlife Center in Cameroon last week after being confiscated as part of a $1.5 million illegal shipment at the Douala Airport.

The shipment—that was scheduled to be loaded on to Ethiopian Airlines—was the largest on record and is the third major bust of African grey parrots in Cameroon in the past two years. The Last Great Ape Organization (LAGA), in conjunction with Cameroonian law enforcement officials, coordinated the bust. The parrots were destined for Kuwait International Airport and the Bahrain International Airport.

Limbe staff members are scrambling to treat the parrots, many of which are injured or ill. Forty-seven parrots were found dead at the bottom of the crates upon arrival and another 30 did not survive the first day.

“It is crazy,” said Limbe manager Simone de Vries. “It makes you sick to see how the parrots were packed in the boxes, the weaker ones trampled by the strongest.”

http://limbewildlifecentre.wildlifedirect.org/2010/02/02/african-grey-parrots-the-illegal-trade-continues/

Edited by Jayd

No, they have no feeling. St. Francis said that a person who would withhold compassion from the least of God's creatures would also withhold compassion from their fellow men. These kind of criminals would do anything to any creature, including human beings, for the money.

These kind of criminals would do anything to any creature, including human beings, for the money.

And........ the same lack of compasion should be returned to these poachers! Off with their heads in my book!!!

Then they could no longer just go back and do it all over again......

• Haha 1

And........ the same lack of compasion should be returned to these poachers! Off with their heads in my book!!!

Then they could no longer just go back and do it all over again......

Absolutely Dan. Stories like this just make me so sad and more than a little bit angry that the perpetrators get away with it.

That's so terrible!!! I can't stand any person who hurts any living creature! I think they give up the right to have respect towards their own lives...

What is there that we can to do help? I'd love to find some way to help these poor lovelies