NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Charlie isnt talking!!

rierie

Charlie isnt talking, my husband is worried. Unfortunatly a few days after we found him we had to go out of town to a funeral, my sister in law had a heart attach..my daughter feed and watered him while we was gone.

I figure after he gets over the shock of getting loose and then being abanded for 4 days he will start talking again.. am I right? and how long will that take?

Condolences for the loss of your sister-in-law & very sorry to hear that Charlie hasn't gotten back to normal after putting you through the escape.

You don't know what he was exposed to while he was gone. Maybe somethings that were scary enough to still be haunting him, even in the safety of his family. No matter whatever else, love him up. It can't hurt.

He could have been exposed to germs & chemicals, too. How is he acting aside from the quiet? How is he eating? How are his droppings?

Birds are so tough about showing it when they're sick. Sometimes, you don't get much if any signs. Maybe a trip to the vet isn't a bad idea. It will also help give you & your husband peace of mind if he gets a clean bill of health.

Hopefully, he'll be back to normal soon. Good luck!!

Birdhouse is so right, you have no idea of what Charlie experienced when he was on the loose but give him some more time to feel safe and comfortable again and he will soon be back to talking and chatting again. It might also be a good idea to take him in to see the vet especially if he shows any other signs that he is not himself.

I totally agree,a trip to the vet would be a good idea,He could have been exposed to illness from wild birds or eaten something he shouldnt,he will most likely still be feeling very scared and confused from his adventures.Please let us know how he is getting on.

• 2 weeks later...

Charlie is back to talking... i heard him a few days ago.. hollering charlie bird, charlie bird... i answered back yes charlie is a pretty bird.. he started hollering at the dogs at that point... snoopie come here red get in here.... he is so funny hollering at the dogs.. they dont pay any attention when he hollers at them... but all is well...