NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Sad Story & warning to be had

lovemyGreys

Here is a copy of post made today on a UK forum.

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:40 am Post subject: realybad news

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sat here sobbing charlies dead. my husband was working in the kitchen putting shelves up charlie was on top of his cage,husband hit his thumb swore very loud charlie screemed and jumped off his cage husband jumped and fell off chair right on top of charlie,its been a awfull weekend we carnt even look at each other.this is the hardest thing ive ever had to do ,didnt cry this much when my mum died. so if im not around for a while its just that carnt talk or face it at moment sorry.

charlie was an african grey & i know his owner is distraught.I thought that something positive should come from Charlies tragic death & that is if any DIY, repairs etc.. have to be done to your homes, please make sure you bird is out of harms way or returned to their cage.

Guest briansmum

oh my god, how sad {Feel-bad-0002006A} i dont think i'd ever be able to forgive my other half.

pass my condolences onto charlies owner and that she's are charlie are in my thoughts.<br><br>Post edited by: xxbeccyxx, at: 2007/08/13 16:26

omg, this is so awful! I do hope this horrible accident helps others safeguard their loved ones.

We often accept our critters as regular family members and forget the differences in our reactions and responses.

That is heartbreaking, I am so sorry to hear of Charlie's death. It's just awful. Accidents do happen, though, and I hope such a thing never happens to any of us.

awww sorry to hear about Charlie. My thoughts are with the owner, you and your husband.I've been going around the house checking things and bird proofing before mine arrives. Jotting this on the note too.Place bird some where else when fixing house.

HeatherStrella this accident happened in the UK on a forum there,The lady this happened to is called Mandy & she uses just Mandy also for her username.

I can't imagine how this poor girl is feeling & hope none of us are ever faced with a situation like this.

I hope by me posting this tragic story we all could learn from it.

Wow. I've experienced fatal accidents with a couple of parakeets and it made me wish I could turn the clock back 15 minutes. It also made me think, "If only 'this' and 'this' and 'this' didn't happen..." Please forgive your husband, as difficult as it would be. He didn't mean to do it, and his heart is probably aching for what your going through. If he could have foreseen the accident, he would have taken the bird out of harm's way before working on the shelves.

I certainly don't need to tell you all this.

I'm very sorry you all had to go through this...you, your husband and his owners. My heart is aching for you and I'm crying. Time will soothe the pain.

{Feel-bad-0002006A}

but isn't it a coincidence? i mean how much chance is there someone falls exacty on a bird?

all with all, very, very sad :(

Richardsmommy it never happened to me personally, it was a post from a UK forum which i am a member.I posted as a warning for all of us to take care when caring out DIY etc..

FairY i know what you are saying, the odds must be a million to one,but a tragic accident that happened.I'm so fortunate that my greys have their own room in my house,which lessens some of the danger.