NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Josey is Sexually Aware, Beware

judygram

OMG, I have listened to other member's describing how their greys were acting sexually, the wings drooped, panting and making cute little noises, well yesterday Josey did that for me and was I surprised. She has been grabbing my finger with her talon and pulling it close to her but never anything further until yesterday, I just thanked her and walked away, I had no idea of how it was going to be like but I do now, no more of that hanky panky, my gosh, my little girl is growing up.36_19_2.gif

I will Lyn and she hasn't changed much but she has been staying in her cage more lately to play instead of coming out but it could be because of the new bird I have at the moment, she might be a little jealous but she was there before the cockatiel so I am always careful to make her first before I take care of the new bird.

My CoCo has done that to some men who have been visiting..Drooped wings and snuggling their finger..What next, eh?

Hugs, Sunshine

I am going to follow Jay's advice to tell her "thank you, I love you" and leave her be for this type of behavior is not to be encouraged, hopefully in a few weeks it will subside.

My 'tiel has been a raging hornball lately. It's 'cute,' but I do what I can to discourage it since I don't want any egg-laying or egg-binding going on. It's late for her (usually more in the spring and fall) so I wonder if it's displaced interest in the new Grey.

how old is josey? willis was one year in jan. and he's been drooping his wings and making noise and does the same thing with my finger (grabbing it and pulling it close) could that be the same thing? i thought he's too young for that??