NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Alfie's first PROPER holiday!!

pearllyn

Hi Folks,

Some of you may know we took Alfie for a nights camping a few weeks ago. We got on so well, we packed everyone up again and set off for a bit longer this time, and a bit farther afield. Over the weekend, we were camping at Loch Lomond, well, I say camping, we stuck it out for two nights then moved into B&B when the midges and the campbed got too much for us!! The campsite was on the east shore of the Loch, and the B&B, The Ardlui Hotel was at the very top. Both lovely spots, but I can thoroughly recommend the Hotel for anyone wanting to go for a wee break with their pets in the UK - they were very dog and parrot friendly, our furred and feathered friends were permitted to dine with us - something we don't come across very often in the Borders, so it was a lovely change. Alfie was a huge hit with everyone and got lots of attention, and the owner believed that in his 50 years in the hotel, Alfie was their first feathered resident.

She thoroughly enjoyed her stay, getting room service and long lies!! She took absolutely everything in her stride, travelled very well and was on her best behaviour.

There are soooooo many photos, so rather than post them on here, I've made a little slideshow and put it on YouTube for anyone who is interested.

We all had a lovely time, and would definitely like to go back there sometime.

We didn't get a chance to see the wallabys of Wallaby Island, but that's another story for another day!!

Hope you and yours are all well.

Lyn & McAlfie

XX

[video=youtube;2-V74GswjwY]

• Haha 1

Lyn that was a brilliant video, it sure looks lovely there and a great time had by all. Alfie is a well-adjusted grey - nothing seems to phase him. Bravo Alfie!

You know I wouldn't think parrots would be acceptable in a hotel, least of all in the dining area, that is nice to know should I venture your way into Scotland.

I hope everyone was rested from their holiday ;)

Lol - no!! Holidays are exhausting!!! It's taken me all week to recover!!!

Seriously though, we did have a smashing time, and it's great to know we can go off for a few days and Alfie will cope with it all!

Thanks for the lovely comments folks, glad you enjoyed the vid - we sure enjoyed making it!!!

x

Alfie and family lead a charmed life. I enjoyed your video every time I watched it and shared it with my family. I am going to skip the tent camping thanks, I want to go straight to your pet friendly bed and breakfast. I will try to get some pics on our RV trip next week. We are taking the three dogs and two parrots along. It should be interesting, 2,000 miles and time with friends and family. You are an inspiration Lyn.