NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Murphy is talking, don't know what he said though!

reggieroo

Murphy has been attempting speech since he came to us at 12 weeks. Even the day I picked him up he mumbled something under his breath when I asked him to step up.

Over this last few weeks I keep hearing him saying stuff in Human speech but can't quite understand what it is. It's not just one word though, the other day it was a whole drunken sentence.

Then just now he definitely said something & a lot clearer than before but still couldn't understand it, I didn't quite catch it. I really want to know what it was now. I guess it's safe to say he can talk just a matter of time before we know what he is saying yes?

You guys will be the first to know when I know what it is :D

Forgot to add that the other morning Kate said Murphy said something under his sheet & she thought it was me, she looked round & then she realised that I was still in bed. For a second she thought "whats Paul doing up this early?"

Edited by reggieroo

Murphy is definitely practicing as they do this a lot before they finally get it down pat and then it comes out more clearly, practice makes perfect and then it will be rolling off his tongue and you will be amazed at how it sounds so much like the person that said it.

Murphy is definitely practicing as they do this a lot before they finally get it down pat and then it comes out more clearly, practice makes perfect and then it will be rolling off his tongue and you will be amazed at how it sounds so much like the person that said it.

LOL yes so you won't be able to deny it so be careful eh?!

Thats exciting news!

We all went through those long weeks and months of hearing muffled mumbling and concentrating so hard it hurt to figure out what they are calibrating.

Not do indicate Murphy will do this, but I heard Dayo mumbling faintly"hello" at 20 weeks. Then never heard a word until one day when he was a year old, that was the first would he blurted out.

Please keep this updated as he progresses. :)

I always love it when I hear my 'zon practicing new words or expressions. I never know what's going to pop out one day. Last time he popped out with "How you doing? " in a great soprano's style NJ accent! I almost fell on the floor in tears I was laughing so hard. This after our normal good mornings to each other. Enjoy the practice time!

My Syd soound just like Murphy at 28 weeks,,,hello is getting clearer and clearer and he defintely has other things he seems to be pratcising But i dont make out either. Thought I heard a good bye yesterday tho...and he for sure has been using my deeper voice in a house with 3 women!

As I'm sat here he has just said about 5 different things but still can't make them out, just that they are all something different. He's not saying them loud enough but it does sound like my tone of voice. He will be six months old in about a week.

This must be so exciting! Hopefully he starts speaking to you clearly soon :)

Our Cosmo at nearly 10 weeks does lots and lots of jibber jabbering trying to figure his voice out. Lots of random sounds smashed together like croaks, coughs, raspberries, burps, "oooooooh!"s and "errrrrrr!"s. The only thing consistent so far is a cute gizmo sounding "uh oh!". I cant wait for him to find a real voice and start trying words :)

Lots of people say that their young grey has picked up all sorts of sounds but Murphy has picked up nothing at all apart from one whistle I taught him as a contact call. It seems as if he doesn't pick things up on his own, only what I teach him, hence the reason why is trying so hard to speak.

I talk to him all the time & when he attempts it back even if its not that great I still tell him "good boy" He has actually started doing it to my face while right in front of him where as a lot of parrots will only speak/make noise when you are out of the room.

I'm hoping to have a conversation with him one day ;)