NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Sylvia has been home almost a week now :D

Little Sylvee is finally home after months of waiting. :)

And I've only been bit like 4 times (the ones that made me bleed)... and I'm missing about 1/3 of my right thumb's cuticle.. that kind of hurt X_X LOL

Seriously though, after less than 2 days (which I thought was amazing) she is already stepping up and used to me... she only starts to squawk when acquaintances move towards her just a little bit too fast. She'll tolerate me and, after a time, all my family to touch her almost anywhere. step ups have been wonderful.

Spray showers have been great, the shop where I bought her had daily showers for the birds and I can tell Sylvee doesn't mind too much.

She has been weaned very well I can tell, she doesn't favor the roudybush pellets, but eats equally between the pellets and her nut/fruit mix..and she loves to try any fresh veggies that I offer her.. green beans being her most favorite so far.

She doesn't make much noise yet, just the occassional small "bark" noise, some tiny peeps and some gurgling-alien language that sounds like she is trying to talk (she is not even 3.5 months old yet, so that gets me excited. hopefully an early talker!)

anyway, here is just a few pictures I have of the day I picked her up, and on the ride home....

my dad crouched next to Rosebud and Sylvia(closest to camera). they were both very cranky and intimidating that morning! I couldn't shake the idea in my head "What have I got my self into?!"

1.jpg

Here is Sylvee starting to get into her food on the long ride home .. 7 hours

3.jpg

And here she is when she finally took interest in her keys! that was a big moment for me lol :rolleyes:

4.jpg

I will have some more pictures later when I have the time! I can't wait to get some better ones of her at home being a cutie.. I definitely need some with her holding some green beans chompin' down, she loves those.. and she is super adorable. :o

enjoy

2.jpg

Edited by rawleyd

This looks like a great pet store. in Ireland there just stuck in a cage all the time... i wonder do they ever let them out even once a day and i doubt it. Its very sad. I hate going in there looking at the poor things. you just want to bring them all home but you cant... i dont think pet stores should be allowed to sell parrots to be honest!!! :( Congratulations on your new Fid x