NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Weight of Your Timneh/TAG

Luvparrots

There are boo-coo Congo/CAGs here at the Grey Forums, but I have a Timneh/TAG and Ana Grey is a little gal, I think. What I would like to know is how much do other members TAGs weigh?? Is Ana Grey average, overweight or small?? I'm hoping that others will post their TAG's weight so I can see if Ana Grey is a normal weighed grey. Ana Grey will be 2 years old 08/06/10. Ana Grey weighs: 292 grams. What does your TAG weigh????

007-16.jpg

""""""Is Ana Grey average, overweight or small??"""""""""""

She's extremely underweight. More than likely, she's suffering from a major incurable disease. I think you should enjoy her while you can because her time is almost up. Think about those good times in the past while things were really nice. Life was fun back then.

Oh gee whiz, you said TAG. Well then, you have a small/medium bodied TAG who is at the proper weight.

Small body----approx 275 to 300 grams ----Ana Grey

Medium body---approx 290 to 315 grams

Large body----approx 325 to 335 grams

All those weights can vary a bit.

My TAG is 321 grams when he's not having sex. At other times he burns a lot of energy.

Edited by Dave007

Doc, if you were here in person I would sic my vicious dog on you!!!! 56156.jpg You scared the bejesus out of me when I first started reading your post!!!!!! omg-omg-oh-my-god-shock-smiley-emot.gif Mean, mean!!!!!! But thank you for the proper answer in the end!! smiley-thankyoukiss-1.gifThe table on weights is going to help us all. Thank you Dr. Flock!!!!! smiley.gif

Edited by luvparrots

I would think either of those should do the trick. I bought an older version of this one many moons ago: http://www.amazon.com/Sterling-Hobbyist-Bird-Scale-Kit/dp/B000KZLACM Don't know about the others, but the nice thing about the one I got is it has two plates - one with the T-stand, one without for weighing non-bird things (or a bird in a basket, etc.). The 5KG of those two is more than enough and the 1g increments are fine enough (IMHO).

many thanks i know the price of some of these is alot! those looked a good price to me. a quickie question/s when is the best time to weigh? am/pm (i`m thinking am?) and how many times a week (1?)

Edited by Lex

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...