NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Update on oscar

aeriga

Oscar recently started flying, although due to the "baby clip" he cannot fly around the room. (Which we did not ask for him to be clipped [3 feathers only] we went in and found out they had done it...we intend to let them grow back) he still seems to be getting around. obviously with more practice he will get better.

He is about 3 months now and we were told we should have him home in about 2 weeks if everything goes well.

Here is a video of oscar and his cage mate Ruby sitting around - it seems they are just copying each other sqwaking.

Here is his first flight

and here when he is more comfortable flying

and oscar with his favourite foot toy

Edited by aeriga
  • Haha 1

Oscar is absolutely adorable and growing up so fast, I loved that first video of the two of them making their baby noises, so sweet to hear and Oscar was lapping up the scratches, here just a little more, there thats better, he is one great looking grey and doing great at flying too, thanks for sharing them with us.

Those baby weeks are always so cute.

My favorite 2 were of Oscar "Getting his Wings". :) Fledging is such a strong drive in all birds and you can see the internal need bursting out as they hang on and flap with all their might. Oscars second certainly proved he can fly with the minimal clip given. That is wonderful. As he exercises those Pectorals, he WILL be able to fly actually fairly well and build the all important flight skills and coordination as those synapses all start bursting forth and making connections.

I can't wait for the next update. :)

Edited by danmcq