NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Our first real outing on the Aviator

Pryde

We took Pryde out to the Outback last night. I put her harness on her and off we went. She was a very good girl. She sat perched on the back of a chair and threw her food around. She had a couple tantrums when I wouldn't let her on my shoulder, but calmed down rather quickly and settled in again. She took a little nap at one point. Then we went to Circuit City and did a little shopping. I am actually surprised by the lack of attention she drew. I get more looks and comments when I am out with my rottweilers...

You took her to a restaurant, I didn't think that was allowed. Well good for you, and I am glad she enjoyed herself.

As far as the attention, must not have been too many bird fans around, because it would certainly have caught my attention if I was nearby. I would like to be able to do that with Josey, but we live out in the country and it is a good trip to go into town and she maybe couldn't go everywhere we need to go and we have to combine several errands into one because of the high gas prices. But I would love to do that, be good socialization for her too.

Yes, I am very lucky. We only have a few places that have outdoor seating nearby, but if I am willing to travel to other nearby towns most of them have really cute downtown areas that are filled with outdoor areas and lots of people walking around. Great for socializing dogs, so I am sure good for birds too.

We are also lucky with the weather. It might be hot during mid-day, but usually cools down to very tolerable dinner weather, I usually even wear a sweatshirt.

It sounds like your having a good time with the Harness and your Grey. :-)

Are you also planning on taking him around some of the Warfs at Santa Cruz, SF etc. since you live in the Bay Area?

There are definately many places there to go on nice days in public. :woohoo:

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the harness. I just love mine. I took Ying Mo out the other day and he got scared by a passing car, but settled down right away. I haven't taken him out the last few days though as it has just been to baking hot....he will just have to fly around it the house in the meantime

danmcq wrote:

It sounds like your having a good time with the Harness and your Grey. :-)

Are you also planning on taking him around some of the Warfs at Santa Cruz, SF etc. since you live in the Bay Area?

There are definately many places there to go on nice days in public. :woohoo:

We definitely are having a good time, and as long as I keep distracing her, or we keep moving, she really leaves the harness alone.

You know I haven't been to Santa Cruz or SF in so long, just such a pain to get to these days. You know Napa would be a fun place to take her too as well. I used to do all of these things on a regular basis, but now I stick closer to home.

I know from experience how loud they can be. They even send the horses off running. I would be afraid of frightening my grey with it. It's very stressful for them when they are frightened.

I would be worried about him getting tangled in the ropes and wires of the balloon if he was on a harness as well. Just things to consider.....:dry:

Talon, I am positive you are right. :-) The risk of hurting ones Grey would not be worth it.

But it would be a cool experience, wouldn't it?

Maybe a Helium filled Balloon ride then, but those are very hard to find that offer rides around these parts.