NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Emma has flown out of the door

Lovethatgrey's Emma flew out the door this morning around 9 am central time and has yet to be found.

She is located in the Anjou area of Montreal.

CL, Kijiji and 911 parrot alert have been notified, as well as area stores and vets. This message has been cross posted on all forums that she is a member of.

Please spread the word to look for our beloved Emma

thank you Lex - she has been advised to put out fliers - I have one ready to send her

she is out now, looking and 'talking' to Emma in the hopes that she is still in the area and 'hiding' like they will sometimes do

I appreciate all suggestions and will gladly forward them

more here

• Put fliers (preferably with picture) in all pet shops in your area
  • Talk to pet shop personnel
  • Put fliers (preferably with picture) in all Vet waiting rooms in your area
  • Talk to Vet and personnel
  • Put fliers on poles, etc. in surrounding area
  • Put ad in classified section of newspaper
  • Talk to mail carriers in your area, newspaper delivery people, meter readers, dog walkers, gardeners, etc.
  • Set the bird's cage outside, with the door open, complete with fresh food and water. The cage is often a sense of security that the bird is seeking

• Haha 1

OMG, Emma is one of my favorite greys on this forum, I can't believe she is gone out the door, poor Adina must be beside herself with grief for she is the love of her life, I loved her videos she shared of Emma and Sachi, I know she is doing all she can to find her and I pray that she is found safe and sound, I will keep Emma and Adina in my thoughts and prayers, please find her.

• Haha 1

One thing I read on the free flying birds forums: When one of a pair flys off, bring the other out in a cage to help lure back. If she takes Sachi with her looking, it might help Emma to know it is safe to fly down to them both.

Prayers coming. I wish I could do more but its days distance from me.

edit: I cross posted this to the freeflight yahoogroup. I believe there are birds there in Canada but have no idea where so I figured if it just happened to be near Emma, she might feel safe and fly to another parrot. Anyway, they are also alerted.

Edited by crossfit
to add information

Still wishing and hoping for some good news regarding Emma who as I have said previously I think of as one of my own, her videos and pictures brought her into our homes and that is how I and others came to love her. It is clear to me that Adina was and is devoted to Emma and she will be distraught right now. Adina, please know that we are all with you in spirit even though we are in various parts of the world. I hope Emma is found safe and sound very soon, I know you will be doing all you can to bring her home. Sending hugs xxx