NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hi from a newbie

Hi all hope you are all well just came across this site as im looking at getting a macaw for a friend for my 5 yrs old congo grey can any one give me some info on this as to what parrots can be put togeather they will not in the same cage but in the same room

thanks and hello to you all ;)

:)Hi, and thanks for joining this wonderful forum...A Grey and a Macaw can coexist in the same room with each other. Problem might be that both being emotional bird, each demanding their " requeried time" and needed attention by each, you could end up with psychological problems with one or both! :(To start with, with introduction of any new bird, you have to show your Grey that he's head bird, he get's everything 1st, the other bird always gets 2nd's. I don't think the chances of a Macaw accepting this are to high. I'd be more than happy to go into this more if you'd like.:)

I would suggest you get a lower maintenance bird, such as a Amazon, they can be very rewarding. We're here to help in any way we can...

Thanks Jayd, Maggie, and Spock and the flock

Hi Paul 78, welcome to the Grey family! So glad you decided to join us. I would love to see some pictures of your grey, what is his name?? I have a male ekkie who is pretty laid back guy. Unfortunately my grey is very jealous of him and is always trying to steal his food or bounce on his head. Lucky for my ekkie, I am retired and have a lot of time to referee. I hope you find the right combination for you.

Hello Paul and welcome to our family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your grey. Btw, what is his name?

The others have given you some good advice, please do research to see what kind of bird best fits into your lifestyle and more than likely another bird will not get along with your grey but they can still be company for each other in separate cages in the same room.

We love pictures here so if you have some of your grey you would share with us we would love to see them.