NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Well Murphy got his BBQ

reggieroo

The day the harness broke Murphy was invited to our BBQ but on that day he missed out. The next day the weather was still great so we had another BBQ as we had a friend over for a few days & wanted to make the most of the good weather.

Murphy is normally outside with us on his harness if we spend any length of time in the garden. I knew we would be outside a long time & felt sorry for Murphy being stuck indoors so asked my Friend if he could help get his cage outside...........which we did & here are some pictures.

013 (Large)..jpg

028 (Large)..jpg

049 (Large)..jpg

023 (Large)..jpg

018 (Large)..jpg

I looks like Murphy enjoyed the outdoor activities form his cage and most importantly, he was with the flock. :)

We roll our birds cages outside also and let them enjoy watching wacthing all the birds and our activities, then I normally give them a good shower and spray their cages down afterwards for a thorough cleaning. The only time they get concerned is when a hawk flies over, which are numerous here.

Thanks for sharing these photos.

Paul, since Harvey decided that the harness had been sent from the devil, this is how he's been outside with us too. I know it's really frustrating when you can't have them on their harnesses, but I think Harvey actually feels safer in his cage than he does on his T-stand on his harness! He will be quite vocal and will eat and play in his cage - whereas on the T-stand he does just that - stands! Great pictures - but one question totally un-parrot related - PLEASE TELL ME YOU PLANTED THOSE PALMS THIS YEAR!!! Mine died during the snow and ice!!! :)

Paul, Great pictures - but one question totally un-parrot related - PLEASE TELL ME YOU PLANTED THOSE PALMS THIS YEAR!!! Mine died during the snow and ice!!! :)

Hey Jill, I planted the garden last year when I landscaped it but one of the palms in the picture is new this year as an early Birthday present for me :D I did lose some palms & other exotics last Winter as we had -17c here in Worcestershire & I didn't protect a thing but my banana & tree fern. :( PM & I'll give you all the info you need for a hardy tropical garden that can withstand a Winter in the UK. I'm a self educated expert :confused::rolleyes::eek:

Edited by reggieroo

We also have two cats but they stay well clear of Murphy. Zeus our German shepherd doesn't bother him either, sometime he goes over to Murphy to give him a kiss but Murphy doesn't like that & scolds him :eek:

I would say all of our animals live in harmony :D