NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

To LEARN or not learn my email address.

lovethatgrey

smile.gifMy wise brother has told me that I need to start teaching Emma my email address and to use it every single day for the rest of our lives together so she never forgets it. He is completely shocked that I haven't already taught her how to say it and gave me an unnecessary lecture too emphasize. redface.gifDo you guys think teaching her this is a good idea? I need to come up with an email address which would be EASY for the *human* to figure out. Any smart idea?tongue.gif

rofl.gif .. Aaaarg.. what if she is not interested in learning it?eek.gif

Jeez, I never thought of this. Actually Spock's response was the first thing that popped into my mind. Not a bad idea, though! But my vet will microchip birds...is there some reason not to do this? As opposed to letting my pet spout my private information wherever he goes...

One thought on this topic.

1. Our Greys are highly intelligent, as you all know.

2. As they age and learn, they associate words with items and actions.

3. Those items and actions have meaning to them when said items or actions are offered or take place and you will hear them vocally say so.

4. With this in mind, an email is not related to anything they know or associate it with.

5. They know what a phone is, they know you answer it when it rings and you talk to another human on the other end.

6. So if you teach your Grey to associate "Hello, My Phone Number is aaa-bbb-cccc" when the phone rings or you play answer it, the grey will connect the two and be much more likely to spit it out if they are lost and in someones home or office.

Just my thoughts... :)

One thought on this topic.

1. Our Greys are highly intelligent, as you all know.

2. As they age and learn, they associate words with items and actions.

3. Those items and actions have meaning to them when said items or actions are offered or take place and you will hear them vocally say so.

4. With this in mind, an email is not related to anything they know or associate it with.

5. They know what a phone is, they know you answer it when it rings and you talk to another human on the other end.

6. So if you teach your Grey to associate "Hello, My Phone Number is aaa-bbb-cccc" when the phone rings or you play answer it, the grey will connect the two and be much more likely to spit it out if they are lost and in someones home or office.

Just my thoughts... :)

What you say makes sense & I agree a phone number might possibly be easier for a grey to associate & spit out when needed but my only concern is what if you change your phone number or move house?

Great ideas here. If you have in Google Voice or even Vonage, you could use that number forever*.

* until the services go extinct (or you stop paying in the case of Vonage).

I guess I shouldn't let my guy hear the "867-5309 - Jenny" song from the '80s. ;)