NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Look What I Found

judygram

Well no one has claimed this bird even though I have tried to find the owner so I broke down and ordered a cage for it today, the one it is in right now is way too small and he/she needs more room to play but I let her out in the evenings and she flies all around but will sit for a bit on my hand, now is the hard part, to find a name for IT. I don't know whether its a boy or a girl, how would you tell in cockatiels but it will end up with some kind of name.

Gypsy is a great name! I think thats a perfect one :) and Judy I am probably really wrong but I think it's said that if the crest has a lot of yellow its probably a boy. Like I said I am sure i'm wrong lol...

The actual crest is more gray than yellow so maybe it is a female, I will try to post some pics of her this weekend so you all can see how pretty she is.

If I may, A normal Gray 'Tiels top-notch, male or female will be grayish, with or with out slightly orange cheeks, female no orange cheeks. A Orange-Cheek 'Tiel, male, has bright orange cheeks, a female light orange cheeks. A male 'Tiel is the "singer", a female usually only makes a couple of calls, a the male 'Tiel starts his day by singing. From then on, you have a thousand mutation's, pied's, fallow's, pearl's, gray cheeks, lutino's, etc lol.

That is so wonderful he landed in the right yard! I lost a tiel about 18 years ago. His name was Napolean and we never did get him back. I still miss him, so your finding your new little friend reminds me that maybe my little guy found a happy home as well.

• 2 weeks later...